Tuesday, January 1, 2008
The Chicken Chronicles, Entry 4
Later in the afternoon we got ANOTHER easter egg! Wowzers! It was also green but maybe had a blue tint to it. Haven't taken a pic.
So for today we had 6 eggs from 8 hens, and that was by 3 pm. That's awesome. Hens typically lay every day to every other day. The hens we have are all supposedly awesome layers, even through the winter months, and so far so good. We'll see how many eggs are waiting for me in the morning!
John, Jeff, and Adam (Jeff's 12 yr old son) made some great progress on the coop today. I haven't been down there but will see it in the morning when I go to let the chickens out. But they told me they put up more roofing, tore down old fencing and put up new fencing! Not sure how much more is left to do, maybe trenching still as I don't think they did that? John actually got called in to work and Jeff and Adam stayed down there working for like another hour. We have some really great friends!