Thursday, January 10, 2008

sleep update, etc

Allie had a good sleep day today. Last night she did wake up around 4:30 am and it took her about 45 minutes to put herself back to sleep. Fingers crossed tonight goes better. She did go to sleep for her morning nap around 9:15 am after I put her down around 8:50 am. She slept until 10:45 am. Tried to put her down for her afternoon nap at 12:45 pm and she was still not asleep at 2:15 pm. I had to leave to get Asher and John was home (he didn't have to work today after another hard night of call), so John said he would watch her (with only minimal coaxing from me). He told me later he got her up at 3:30 pm and doesn't know if she ever slept or not. It is 8 pm now and she has been asleep since around 7:30 pm.

When I picked Ash up from school we went over to my friend Melanie's house for a playdate - for Ash and her older boy Xavier to play, and for her and me to ooh and aah over fabric! She is my sewing inspiration. She's the reason I wanted to make my own burp cloths and baby blankets/loveys. She has the best taste in fabric - and everything is backed with either chenille or minky, soooo soft and luxurious. I wanted to buy a diaper clutch for my niece - I have one that I bought online when I was pregnant - before I realized Mel made these - and they are awesome to have in the car, stroller, or "diaper bag" aka backpack for me. Here is what they look like:

The flap opens up and you can fit 3 diapers in as well as a travel thing of wipes, a thin changing pad, and even a tube of diaper creme. Way handy and so chic! I also picked one for Ginger and a new one for myself, can't have too many as they are handy for the car, stroller, etc.

I also grabbed a couple of other nifty things Melanie had already bundled up and made. Absolutely love her stuff! I have to get on fabric.com as she needs to order some minky and I want to get in on that too, and we will split the shipping.

Asher had a great time playing with Xavier, Melanie's 3 yr old. It has been months since Ash had a one-on-one playdate. They played Thomas the Train with Xavier's new train table - Asher even brought some of his trains to play with there. However Xavier had a really neat battery powered Percy car that Asher was coveting before we left. He told John he wants one of those. It was pretty cool! Asher also checked out every other neat toy they had - Xavier is really into trucks and so is Ash! Ash invited them over to our house soon, and on the way home informed me that he wants to move to Xavier's house! LOL! He had it all worked out in his head, from what toys from our house he would bring, and where he would sleep and where a TV could go. It was too cute.

I had a great time visiting with Melanie while the boys played so nicely! And to not have to worry with Allie was a much needed break. Xavier was so cute, he kept saying "Asher is a good guy!" What a sweetie. Melanie does have another child who is 14 months old, and I know he and Allie probably would have played together just fine, but it was still nice for me to only have to keep up with one!

When we left their house it was POURING down rain. We had to drive home really slow as there are flash flood warnings and there is water everywhere, spilling over onto the roadways, creeks and rivers raging. I was so glad to get home. I was also glad I had put a roast in the oven to slow cook and John threw together mashed potatoes and carrots, so we had a nice hot meal. I still need to clean the kitchen though!

All in all a good day and I am glad Asher is off school until Monday! We might drive over to the Aquarium tomorrow with some playgroup friends. John has to work but not on call.

Oh, and we got 7 eggs total today! ;)