Wednesday, February 20, 2008

and more new sewing things!

Wow, what a productive day, sewing-wise! I made two blankies, measuring @ 33x37, for Evan and Annabeth. Evan's is flannel rocket/alien fabric backed with black minky dot. Annabeth's is identical to the one I made Allie on Monday, carnival bloom flannel fabric backed with pink minky dot. Way cute and I can't wait to give them when we are in Hot Springs in a couple of weeks. Here are their blankies: Then I made car seat strap covers for the first time ever, for Allie's car seat. I actually made two sets, identical, as I use a set to go on the lower part of the straps, underneath the snap/buckle area, so that when I unbuckle her the buckle thingies don't fall all the way into the seat area, then I have to dig them out. So I attach car seat straps to basically keep them positioned up where they need to be. I didn't take a final pic of both sets in, but will try to remember to take a pic of Allie in the seat with it all on. The straps are reversible. Carnival bloom flannel on one side, chocolate minky dot on the other. When I put them in her carseat, on the upper straps I have the chocolate minky showing, and the lower I have the carnival bloom showing. These pics show them open, and then closed, and the reversible sides. The velcro was a pain the way I did it, and I already have better ideas, LOL. Then I got even more industrious, LOL, and concocted a seat belt strap for Asher. It is black minky dot and he was so excited to test it out! Before: After, showing off his etch-a-sketch: