Wednesday, February 20, 2008

another snow day!

Yes, it is another snow day today! Which is really weird. Here's why. Woke up this morning, not a flurry of snow on the ground or in the sky. John wakes up Asher, Allie wakes up, I get her nursed, get Asher breakfast, make his lunch, and am getting ready to get Allie dressed when the phone rings. It is Jeff and John calling - John's cell phone battery died so he asked Jeff to call on his, but he had it on speaker. They tell me, two hour delay for St Pat's and that Mason County is closed! I am like, what?! There isn't a stitch of snow! John says there is snow in town, but it missed us which is so strange. And more is coming. We are also supposed to get freezing rain tomorrow and Friday. So I have a feeling no school tomorrow either. Anyway, St Pat is open today but not supposed to take Asher until 10 am. And I think that is useless as their whole routine will be out of whack and they will only do academic stuff until 11:15, if they even do any, and then its lunch and nap. So I told John I was keeping him home, which he was fine with, as more snow is on the way. And within an hour, the snow is coming down! Wasn't it just 60 degrees the other day?! Allie is sick. I have been fighting the "flu" or head cold for 2 weeks now. Lots of head congestion, but hasn't really moved into my chest. Asher felt crummy on Saturday and Sunday, and still has some head congestion but doing lots better. Well yesterday Allie had a clear runny nose in the morning, but by evening she was coughing and you could tell was just miserable. Thankfully she slept all night no problem. This morning she looks miserable, and I already have laid her down for a nap. I just checked on her and she is almost asleep. Poor kid. It's hard when they are that little, as there isn't much you can do for them other than Tylenol and saline nose drops. Monday I was able to sew a blanket for a friend's little boy who is turning one this week. It was my first time sewing with "minky dot" fabric. The flannel pattern is called "animal crackers". Here's a pic: After I sewed that, I sewed Allie a new blankie with the flannel "carnival bloom" fabric backed with pink minky dot. Now she has two nice big blankies so we can alternate in the car. Here's hers: I already had it in the car as you can see, so just ran out there and snapped a pic. Here's a cute pic of John and Allie playing peek-a-boo with a pillow a few days ago: And here is a pic of my Valentine's Day tulips that John got me: Oh, another thing I have been wanting to write about. Allie has learned the sign for "cookie" (which to her right now is a chocolate animal cracker). I have been letting her have a few after her dinner. Last night, I put her in the highchair for dinner, and before I gave her any food, she was signing "cookie"! I cracked up. Not until after you eat, young lady! LOL. Also, Allie said "Asher" clear as day yesterday morning! Of course no one else heard it but me. I was putting her in the carseat to take Ash to school. Ash was still inside. She looked over at his seat, and said ASHER but didn't make the SHH sound in his name. I was like, did you just say Asher?! And she said it AGAIN! Of course she hasn't done it since. ;)