Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Oh yeah, Mother's Day!
I had a wonderful Mother's Day! John let me sleep in and then I had my coffee and started painting.
Let me back up. I started the painting project in my master bathroom and bedroom on Friday afternoon during naptime. I was able to get the edging done in the bathroom and then later that night after kiddos were in bed, I rolled the bathroom. Saturday morning John helped me move our furniture and then watched the kids so I could start in the bedroom. I got all the edging in there done, then put Allie down for her nap, and John took Ash to the store while I rolled. Everything got two coats so it took a nice long time. That afternoon I took a break from painting since I was at a stopping place anyway and watched the kids so John could work on the turkey pen. Then once Allie was down for bed I started mowing. John got Ash fed and bathed and in bed while I mowed. I ended up running out of daylight and had to use the lights on the mower, but I got it all done in 2 hours!
So back to Sunday. After sleeping in until 9 am and then showering, having my latte and a few pieces of bacon I started in on taping off the bathroom and bedroom so I could paint all the trim/woodwork. Man that taping takes for-ev-er but is really necessary in my opinion for the crisp finished look. I started in and thankfully only had to do one thick coat, but it still took most of the day! I stopped for a lunch break around 3 pm and then kept on, I think I had the windows left to do. Normally I don't paint all of the windows, just the outer trim, but our windows really needed freshening up, so I did it all. Then I touched up here and there and was done by Allie's bedtime! John bathed the kids, fed them, wiped noses and basically ran herd on them all day and it was so blissful to just not be the one "in charge". I needed the break.
Oh, John and Asher bought me two gorgeous Boston ferns for the front porch for Mother's Day.
I will post pics of the updated master bed/bath once we get curtains hung and the new hardware up.
Off to get Ash from school again! And off to wake up Allie again! UGH!