Saturday, June 14, 2008

I made a hat!

I am so excited! I made a hat! It is the Blue Sky Sun Hat by Amy Butler. The fabric is Sunbloom by Amy Butler. It was actually really easy to make and except for one blunder due to unclear directions, which required ripping out stitches and re-doing, I enjoyed making it and am really pleased with how it turned out. I was able to sew while Allie napped and John and Ash did outside chores and then watched TV. Asher likes those survivor shows on Discovery or National Geographic or whatever channel that is. I needed some craft time! When Allie woke up, we loaded in the car and headed to the store. On the way down our drive, we noticed yet more gravel had washed away, thankfully not nearly as bad as the last storm/flooding last week. John's makeshift side dams held up, there was just a few more weak areas. What a mess. We hit Lowe's first to look for a new toaster oven. We LOVE having a toaster oven to, of course toast in, but also to use as a miniature oven when we don't want to heat up the big one. Our current one has a bad element that is stinky and ruins your toast. Anyway we found a really nice one, it is actually a convection oven that toasts, bakes, broils (same as our old one) but also has a rotisserie and can fit a 12" pizza. It is larger than our old one but still fits in the same corner just fine. We plugged it in and fired it up for the initial run but haven't cooked anything in it yet. We had to stop at Wal-Mart before heading home. We grabbed what we needed and only a few extras, haha. I took in my reusable shopping bags that I got the other day. I was able to use them to hold everything except the milks and a few other large items. Yay! The checker was patient with me but I am sure was thinking what in the world? I told her, gotta make a difference, every little bit helps! Not much else going on. It is 9 pm and kiddos are in bed and John is watching some kind of sport. I am missing MarioKart and wishing we had it so we could play!!