Thursday, July 31, 2008

Events of the day, end of the month.

A week from today Asher starts Kindergarten. Tonight is his Open House. I am excited and nervous. John of course thinks I am silly as he is a man and just doesn't understand women's emotions! LOL. Today was our last Library Storytime and McDonald's Playland. I decided to go ahead and do the playland when I realized that it was his last time of the summer. Allie actually did the best yet at McD's playing and we didn't leave until 12:45 pm. Asher did fine at Library but Allie was not into it at all - I think too many people were there, plus she didn't eat a good breakfast. We had her checkup this morning and had to be out of the house earlier than she has even been getting up lately, LOL. Her checkup went great - she is 23 lbs and just shy of 33 inches. 25th-50th percentile for weight, which has dropped some, she has been right at 50th. But the doctor wasn't concerned. And 75th percentile for height, as usual. I talked with him about the passing out when she can't catch her breath during a fit. He said as long as she isn't showing any seizure type behavior or zoned for hours afterwards, she is fine and will outgrow it. If she does start to exhibit those behaviors we will have to run tests. Praying it doesn't come to that. Last night she had such a screaming fit and then passed out after getting out of the bath and not wanting to get her PJs on, that she popped a blood vessel near her eye and Dr Mike says it may or may not go away!!!! It had better!!!!! Not sure how we managed to get such a drama queen, Asher was NEVER like that but of course we deal with the attitude now. Anyway. Here is a pic I just snapped, it is under the eye in the corner, plus there are two other smaller spots as well below that: And we also deal with the lovely eczema around the mouth. Poor kid has such sensitive skin. So yesterday at WalMart, buying school supplies, we headed down the game aisle to see what Wii games they had. And guess what?! Star Wars, the Complete Saga with LEGO people!!! I had to have it. But I was good and called John first to make sure it was okay and I was so excited on the phone he said yes. Asher was also completely thrilled as he is a huge Star Wars fan, like me. He hasn't been allowed to watch the first 3 episodes (the "new" ones) just the old school ones that I love. Anyway we have played it a couple of times together and then I also played it last night after everyone was in bed asleep for like 2 hours!!!! The time flies! It is fun! And Mario Kart hasn't even arrived yet. Boy am I in trouble, LOL. And we have so not been video game people that this is a big deal. Here are the last 3 layouts I got done for the month, my total was 17 - yahoo! These are 2007 pics of Allie. She was 3 and 4 months old. So it is the last day of July, already. And my word of the month was APPRECIATE which was a bit more difficult for me, maybe not as concrete or something? Anyway, I do feel like I kept an attitude of appreciation for life and the things we have and the people in it. I got a ton of things accomplished - see side bar! And only have to roll over a few things to August. Alright, outta here! And come on, August!!!!!!! I am ready for you - and will post the word of the month tomorrow! :)