It's Saturday, and John and Asher have headed off to do some beekeeping work, such as weed-eat and possibly split a hive or two. I just finished feeding the birds and collecting eggs. It is back to being HUMID here. It might rain later today, we need it to but probably won't get much.
Allie is asleep and will probably be up within the hour.
I have spent some time this morning uploading CDs into iTunes for the iPod. Something I started forever ago when we first got it, then never made it through all of the CDs so it just didn't get done. I listen to the iPod while crafting, the Bose speaker dock thingie is in my craft room, and I was wanting some music that I knew we had but it never got on there.
Got the clothes order from Gap/Old Navy yesterday but just got into it today. Asher modeled all his new school clothes for us. It is frustrating in a way as he is so tall but has thinned so much this summer, that he really still needs the size 5 in the waist but all his old size 5 jeans were too short. Most of them had holes in the knees, to boot! So they got cut off into shorts for around the farm, and the 2 pair that don't have holes will go to Ginger's Evan who for now is still a size behind Ash. Anyway, the size 6 jeans are great in the length but definitely baggy up top. Thank goodness for adjustable waist, so they won't fall off. In his shirts I also went ahead and got a size small as his x-small ones fit perfectly, and I hate to buy all new shirts wanting them to last and then he not fit into them in a few months. Hard to be in the in-between!
Allie also got a new pair of jeans for fall/winter. And a few new short sleeve shirts for now and a couple new shorts for now. A lot of her summer wardrobe was the smaller size that she is now out of. Outfitting kids is so expensive!
I have gotten three more layouts done, one last 2006 to finish the 4 I wanted to do (see the art in me), and then the 2007 ones for Asher (first snowman, sledding softly).


Oh, and here is an older layout that I added the side title to, it wasn't there before and wow it really needed that, huh? Hard to remember it without that. Funny.

I have added a Quote on the sidebar, I have been wanting to do that all month but just wasn't finding any that encompassed what July means to me as well as the word of the month, appreciate. So when I came across this one by Johnny Cash I knew it was perfect, even though there is not even a week left in July.
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine."
Isn't that just perfect for my word of the month and the freedom we celebrate in July???