Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Another win...

in Flag Football. But it's not all about winning, right? LOL. I just can't help my competitive nature. The coach wasn't there last night. So it was his wife and another dad trying to corral the 5 boys. Since John was able to come with us, he wasn't on call, I left him with Allie on the sidelines - with the Maves, they had come as well - and headed out on the field to help with the scoreboard and also with motivating the boys. It was so much fun!! Asher's team won 28-25. Yes that's a weird score, apparently the teams can go for only 1 extra point instead of 2, they start them closer to the goal. The other team was so cute, they could run the ball but they couldn't pull flags! The coaches said they hadn't pulled a flag this season yet! LMAO! So as long as our guys could get the ball and stay in bounds, we were good. Asher scored twice, the extra points. The second one he started running the wrong way, and we were all saying "Asher this way! THIS WAY!!!" and he made a big circle, and headed back the right way and made it!!! It was great. He also pulled several flags and just kept a good attitude. I was proud of him. He and a few of the boys were being pretty silly though for most of the game, not paying attention and the coach's wife had to keep getting on to them (another reason I wanted to be on the field). Also, the 3 yr old on their team just turned 4 yesterday. I have never heard a kid whine so much! He cried through most of the game, nothing was right, if someone else got to be the center, he wanted to be the center, etc, etc it was just ridiculous. I guess in all my excitement over how well Ash did last week I didn't post about this child and my frustration over how the game kept getting held up because of him, he would be the center and everyone would be waiting for him to hike the ball, then he would just walk away or refuse to do it, then after each play he would walk to his mom on the sideline and say "I quit!". (His dad is the parent that gets out on the field.) He didn't hold the game up as much this week mainly because they didn't let him be the center as much - last week the coach kept saying OK you can run the ball or be the center or whatever he wanted basically just to get him to be involved. Which I understand in a way, but in another way that sends the message to the other boys if you whine and cry you get the best spots, ya know? Last week it got so bad that about 10 minutes to the end of the game the dad hauled him to his mom (who was sitting near me) and said, "Take his butt home!" Whew! Last night after the game we asked the Maves if they wanted to eat supper with us at the Club. So we headed across the street and sat on the outside deck, enjoying the beautiful weather (high was only in the mid-70s yesterday) and had a good meal and good conversation. It was a nice way to end the day! Asher just loves having them come see him play. He was already saying, "See ya next Tuesday!" LOL. Today is early dismissal for Asher, and I am praying he stays on green today for his own sake. He has had his card flipped to yellow both Mon and Tue for being disruptive in the hallway. Today he will get to play the Wii as long as he stays on green. We have talked about why it is important to stay on green, to listen, etc, etc so I am hoping it sticks. He went all last week staying on green, so I know he can do it! John is on call again today and I'm not sure what his day looks like. I wasn't planning on going into town as I will be tomorrow morning for Library. But I really need to see the Chiropractor - haven't been since Friday the 5th! And she is closed tomorrow. So I will try to get in maybe this afternoon or wait until Friday afternoon. Wait, if I go this afternoon then I have to take both children with me. That does not sound appealing so I will probably just go on Friday. Saturday is my all-day crop and I am looking forward to it so much! I am going to have to get some stuff packed up and together. I want to get a lot accomplished. Yesterday during the last hour of naptime I finished sewing the blanket I made for myself, I love it! And I also sewed up a set of flannel/chenille burpies to put up on my craft blog. I need to take some good pics of them first though. Allie is really talking more and more lately! She is saying 2 or 3 words together, although some of them are still intelligible of course. But at the bank drive-thru yesterday her window was down and the teller said Hi to her, and she held up her little bag and said, "See my bag?" and you could actually understand what she meant! She goes to the phone and says, "Mimi!" wanting to call and talk to Mimi (John's mom). And if you ask her who she is, she says "Allie" but can't say the l's so it comes out "ah-eeee". So cute!!! She will also go point to a framed picture of herself and say "ah-eee!" and I have been showing her Asher's photo album of all his special pictures and telling her who's who and she tries to repeat. When we pass a farmer's field of cows, she hollers "MOO!!!!!!" Her favorite book is "Who's Hiding?" and she is figuring out on each page who is hiding, crying, backwards, etc out of all the cute little animals that are lined up. And she is still going strong with the sign language, she will pretty much repeat any sign immediately and she will string 2 or so together to get her point across. The most used ones, off the top of my head, are: water, milk, eat, book, ball, dog, cat, cookie, change (diaper), shoes, love you. She also puckers up and gives kisses and likes to catch blown kisses and plant them on her cheek. She is super ticklish and has the best belly laugh - of course Asher can get her going like no one else. She sticks out her tongue and blows and just makes a mess but it's hilarious (except when she does it in your face when she gets in trouble!!). She LOVES animals and being outside, and just recently I let her collect the eggs out of the nest boxes and then I put them in the basket. She will go to the basket in the garage and say, "Basket? Chickens?" She likes to give them their treats and watch them eat. OK, I hear her on the monitor so I better go!