Thursday, November 27, 2008

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you!

What a wonderful day we had today! The only thing that could have made it better would have been to have family around, either us there or them here! It was just the 4 of us, but we cooked a traditional Thanksgiving feast and I am so proud to say that everything turned out perfectly, even the gravy which is usually my weak spot, lol! John's apple pie (recipe from his grandmother) is cooling now and we will enjoy some of it in a little while. We called both of our families and chatted a bit after we ate our big meal around 5 pm. During Allie's naptime, John, Asher and I played Wii Bowling and then he and John played Tennis as well. It was a fun day together as a family and we have so much to be thankful for. Before we ate dinner we all said what we were thankful for, and Asher's answer was Star Wars and John's answer was that he was home with his family on Thanksgiving, and my answer was that I live on this beautiful farm and have two healthy, thriving children and a loving, loyal husband. What a wonderful country we live in! Thankful for our freedom and our thoughts and prayers go out to all of our military serving overseas that aren't with their families tonight, instead they are sacrificing for our amazing country. Tonight we plan to finish watching the Dallas/Seattle game and will also be recording The Incredibles. We recorded Charlie Brown Thanksgiving the other day and might watch part of it. Tomorrow John has to work just a little bit in the morning, then I am not sure what our plans will be. I don't anticipate doing much since it is Black Friday and you couldn't PAY me to fight that mess. Oh, something cute I have wanted to get down. Asher has been doing so well with his behavior at school. We always tell him great job and so forth when he does well. He did get on Yellow one day last week, but it was suspect to me and I didn't react, just said try harder the next day. So Monday he gets off the bus, and he looks all dejected and I said hey, how was school? And he says, "Yellow." And I say, "Oh, buddy I'm sorry! Maybe you'll do better tomorrow!" and then all of a sudden he busts into a huge smile and says, "Just kidding! GREEN!" And is cracking himself up. He really got me! Then we drive up to the house and he pulls the same thing on John! LOL. It was so cute. Another cute thing I don't think I blogged about. I think it was Monday as well, I was on the computer and it was getting close to lunch time. Allie was playing by herself really well in the playroom (the office is right off the playroom, I keep a baby gate in the doorway to keep her out yet I can see her). I said, "Allie, it's almost lunchtime!" and she says, "No is not!" plain as day! All the while shaking her head "no" which is her latest adorable thing. She just slowly shakes it back and forth for no. She knew that lunchtime meant playtime is over as after lunch comes nap! It was so cute as she has really started trying to talk more and more. She will sit at the kitchen bar area while Ash is doing homework and I am starting dinner and helping Ash, and she will color quietly while sitting on her barstool and she also likes to look at his flash cards and try to sound out the words after him. Oh, and her bottom "canine" tooth on the right has come through and the one on the left is sooo close. You can see it but not feel it yet. Her top ones aren't in at all yet and then she also has another set of molars to get in on both top and bottom. I was telling John the other day how quietly she will sit and color and it just hit him like a ton of bricks, he said, "That must be what my mom means when she says I was like that! She's just like me!" Judy has told us about how well John would sit during her teaching piano, and Asher has never been like that so it is really neat to see those characteristics in Allie. I gave Asher a new board game last night, Chutes and Ladders. He has Candyland and likes it, but has been eyeing Chutes and I had picked it up last week, maybe for Christmas. But he has done so well at school I gave it to him as a reward. We had fun playing last night although it was the never-ending game. lol OK, the timer beeped that the pie has had it's cooling off time, and Ash came running down here to let me know "THE PIE IS READY!!!!" He helped John with the crust and can't wait to try it! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, I hope it was wonderful! God Bless!