Friday, November 7, 2008

November = CHERISH

Wow, where to begin?? I have been off the blog for a week and even before that, several days. I feel like I am behind with all that has gone on! First things first, a new month has arrived and with it a new word. My word for the month of November is Cherish, and when I went to look up the definition it blew me away. I have added it on the sidebar. This is truly the perfect word for this month, and for where I am right now. I definitely plan on honoring this word of the month to the fullest extent! Also, October ended in a flourish of craziness. I was sick the last few days of it, and that completely threw me for a loop. Then, the kids and I traveled on Nov 1st, with me still feeling a bit puny, and didn't get home until Wednesday the 5th. I felt like I LAUGHED a lot in October, and really enjoyed myself and the kids and life in general. I am so glad my best friend Ginger and I decided to do these words of the month! It really helps me focus on certain areas! We had a great visit with Mimi and Papa and Uncle Easy (John's brother Jason, but his nickname is the Big Easy and the kids call him Uncle Easy - Allie was adorable saying it! lol). Mimi had the house all decorated for Christmas already, she kicked it into high gear when she found out 10 days before we arrived that we were coming that weekend instead of over Thanksgiving! It was GORGEOUS as usual and the only thing better would have been cold weather, lol. It was in the upper 70s and that was so strange! Nice, in a way, but just weird for November. We went to church with them on Sunday, the Children's Museum on Monday, and Hobby Lobby on Tuesday. It was a full, satisfying visit that will hopefully hold all of us until we see them again the day after Christmas. Yesterday, Thursday, I had a full schedule in the morning, not something I typically do the day after a trip. But, I had egg deliveries and Library items due, packages to pick up and a sewing order to ship. Allie really enjoyed Library as well as McDonald's Playland afterwards. We only stayed until about 12:30 and then headed home so she could get a good nap. John was home early, even being on call (he had THREE days off in a row last week, never been done before!). The new general surgeon is supposed to start in a week or so and then things will pick back up, until then we are enjoying the bonus time off. And yes, as many have asked, he is salary. lol I am sure the OR crew who is hourly isn't feeling so happy about all the time off, especially with Christmas coming! This afternoon Cathy is coming over to watch Allie for me while I go to Asher's school to read at 1:30 pm. He is the "Star of the Week" next week and they like a parent to come and read. John was hoping to get to make it, but cases have been shifted (big surprise) and he probably won't be able to. Then, at 2:10 pm, I have a meeting with the Speech teacher to discuss Asher. I am glad to get that ball rolling and will keep you all posted. He is doing better, but still needs some help to get him over the hump of some pronunciations! Tonight is a Crop at the local scrapbook store, and there are actually spots still available. I am tempted to go! But I am not sure if it will work out. I will see how the afternoon goes. OK, not much else to report! I will be updating my sidebar some more with the November Calender of Events. Welcome November and all it has to offer!