Friday, January 9, 2009
Sooo glad it's Friday.
I am so glad it is the end of the week. It has felt long! Monday Ash started back to school after a nice, but too short, Christmas break. He has had good behavior at school all week. His teacher had to go home sick on Tuesday and was gone on Wednesday. Tuesday was a 2 hour delay due to freezing rain, and the electrician was here finishing up loose ends until 4 pm. I was behind on laundry as I couldn't run the washer when the hot water heater messed up, and then Tuesday the electrician had the "non-essential" panel turned off to work (which included the washer/dryer and range) so by Tuesday night I was doing loads back to back. Thank goodness for extra large capacity! LOL!
Yesterday was a snow day! Unexpectedly! It was snowing heavily most of the day Wednesday, but the temps were still in the upper 30s so nothing was really sticking. By nightfall, however, temps dropped and we woke up to a winter wonderland and no school - yay! I love snow days, although it did throw off my Thursday schedule. The electrician was supposed to return yesterday but because of the snow did not. Our driveway is very steep and most of it is shaded and the snow doesn't melt fast. So he may be coming back today to hopefully finish up completely and we can get our downstairs back in order! It has been worth it though, I am definitely NOT complaining.
John had Monday off, worked late on Tuesday, then only had one case on Wednesday and was home before lunch. Yesterday he was on call again but was home by late afternoon, but did have to go back around dinnertime and came back home around 7 pm. Thankfully he did not get called in overnight and is home again today! (so far - if cases get added he may have to go in)
My grandma is holding on. Mom arrived late Wednesday night and saw Grandma yesterday at the hospital. She is heavily sedated and not aware of what was going on around her. She did not have a heart attack, but she is septic (it was sepsis not strep, my mom mixed it up) and dealing with the pneumonia infection still. The pulmonologist did a bronch yesterday and expected impacted mucus and instead found yeast, so they have her on an anti-fungal now and will slowly wean down the ventilator and try to remove it on Monday now. My mom and aunts have to discuss over the weekend what the course of action will be, if any, if she doesn't tolerate being taken off. The doctors have said she is "very weak" with "little reserve strength" and things are "grim". Any prayers are greatly appreciated.
More winter weather may be moving in this weekend. We love snow! Not so much the ice. I bundled Allie up yesterday and took her out in the snow with Asher after lunch to do chores. It was her first time in the snow and no, I did not take pictures. She looked so cute all bundled up though and loved it!! She cried when I made them come in!
OK, gonna go get Allie up!