I have been spending some time this morning online updating my craft blog and also getting caught up on Facebook. I am still amazed at how many school friends I am finding on there, some I haven't seen or talked with in over 13 years! It's pretty cool to see pictures of them and their families, and get a little glimpse into their lives. People can change so much - I am certainly a living example of that.
Yesterday ended up being an outing to Otterville instead of the Children's Museum. I found out Monday evening (thanks Anita!) that the Museum was hosting a huge inaugural celebration! I had no idea! Otterville is a blast - it is located inside of a huge toy store and is basically a child's paradise. There are different "stations" of interactive play - a ball pit/slide, dollhouses/miniatures, art room, face painting, water play, shopping store, dress up, ballet studio, vet clinic, train tables, etc, etc you get the picture! All the stations are located around a central area with tables and the entry/exit are secured, so the kids can run and play and the moms get to visit and not worry about them running off. Allie and I rode with my friend Denetra in her new van - Allie loved it and I wouldn't mind having one! John likes the SUV though. But wow the van was so roomy and comfortable. Denetra's little girl is exactly 4 months younger than Allie and she and Allie are so cute together. We met another one of our friends at Otterville - she has a little boy a few weeks younger than Allie - and we all played and visited until about 1 pm. It was a great morning and I am so glad we got off our booties and got out of the house to go! In the winter months, I get cabin fever but then don't have a lot of motivation to get out and DO. This was also my first outing with Allie sans Asher since she has been a baby and it was great to have that one-on-one time with her.
I also did a little birthday shopping for Allie on our way out, and picked up a new dinosaur figure for Asher - I haven't given it to him yet. He was bummed that we went to Otterville without him - he LOVES that place - but I told him another time he would get to go.
Yesterday in Asher's backpack was a progress report from his Speech teacher, and she marked the line that said "some progress made - expected to meet goals" which was great to see. I am so glad he is getting the help he needs with the articulation. I have noticed lately though that he is back to getting lazy with his speaking, he is running his words together and not finishing the sounds, so John and I have been patiently working on that with him as well as the articulation exercises from Speech.
This is a busy week at work for John. Monday he wasn't on call, but we got a call from the hospital at 8:45 pm asking if he would come in to do an emergent c/section if they could round up a second OR crew, since the call crew was in the middle of a case. He did end up going in but was home by 10 pm since the other case finished up (normally a c/section is a 2 hour deal for him). He was on call yesterday, Tuesday, and amazingly was home by 4:30 - he expected to be there all evening long. And he didn't get called back in all night which was AWESOME!
Tonight is a Girls' Night Out, although not many can make it - thankfully I will be able to since John got to sleep all night last night and won't need "catch-up" sleep this evening. This morning I have a Chiro appointment at 10:30 and also have a few other errands I need to do. I hear Allie on the monitor - better get moving to get out of the house!