Monday, March 9, 2009

Good Morning Monday.

Oh, the time change! I do love the "longer days" but detest the actual changing of the clocks - I don't know of a single person who doesn't! It just seems so wrong, ya know? And really, the days aren't longer are they? I mean, there are still 24 hours in it no matter when you wake up or go to bed or how long it is daylight outside. Mixed feelings for sure, but since we can't do much about it, I won't dwell on it. Asher was excited for the time change as he learned that means Spring is here (almost!). It was dreary going down the hill this morning to wait on the school bus in the pitch black darkness, as it had been getting lighter and lighter. John loves the longer light in the days, and here in Eastern Time it will be light until 9:30 pm during the Summer. I like that too, it's just the changing part that's hard. I am ready for a new week and hopefully a turn from all of the illness. Saturday I posted about John being achy/feverish. He was again on Sunday and went to bed really early last night. Thankfully his call weekend was a breeze. He only had to go in on Saturday morning for a few hours and never got called in during any of the nights! What a blessing! He would have been off today but they needed coverage at another hospital. He would have gone to that hospital (about an hour away) but his privileges slipped through the cracks apparently months ago and we are in process of re-doing all of that. So one of his co-workers is going instead and he needed to cover here. Asher is doing better and better each day with the pneumonia. The mild weather this past weekend was so nice, we aired out the house as much as possible and Ash got to play outside which he really needed. Allie started throwing up and diarrhea on Saturday evening, at dinner time. She was feverish as well. Not sure if it is the same thing as John just presenting differently or what! Thankfully she slept through the night without incident Saturday and yesterday seemed more like herself other than still some diarrhea and not really an appetite. She did at least drink 3 sippy cups of juice so she got some fluids. I must have washed my hands and Purelled them every 10 minutes all weekend! I don't want to get sick!!!!! And let's just say I am really glad I haven't called the carpet cleaner guy yet! I believe I will be waiting another few weeks! All of this illness back to back to back is beyond frustrating - it seems like it is another strain of something that someone picks up and then we pass it around. OK, it's a new week, and here are the updates for the sidebar: QUOTE - Believe you can and you're halfway there. ~Theodore Roosevelt SCRIPTURE - "Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." ~Mark 11:22-24 PHOTO ASHER'S ART