Monday, December 7, 2009

Funnies.

I keep forgetting to get down some cute things the kids are doing lately. Allie is in the habit of saying "I don't know!" and shrugging her little shoulders practically every time you ask her anything. It's cute but frustrating when you know she knows good and well the answer. As in, "Allie, what are you getting in to???" "I don't know!!!" "Where did you put my hair pick?" "I don't know!!!!" You get the idea. Also John shaved off his very bushy beard on Saturday. It was really getting furry and he was done with it. He walked into the living room all perfectly clean shaven and I said, "Show Allie!" as she would also pat his "whiskers". He said to her, "Allie, something's missing on Daddy! What is it?" She looked at him seriously and said, "Your shirt!" Hahaha. We laughed and said, "No, something else is missing on Daddy! On his face." And it finally dawned on her, whiskers were missing. Ever since she will walk up to him and say, "Something missing Daddy. Something missing!" Yesterday Ash and I had some time together in town. We went to a birthday swim party at the YMCA, Allie was invited as well but with her chest congestion we didn't really want her swimming. So John stayed home with her. After the party he and I went to Kroger to get a handful of things which turned into 35 things and an hour. We got one of those short carts and Ash pushed it almost the entire time. He was so big! We went through the self-check and he scanned every single item while I bagged. After Kroger we went to the movie theater and caught the 5p showing of A Christmas Carol. Now, he had already seen it with his school field trip but there aren't any other kid movies out, and I had mentioned a movie and he said he didn't mind seeing it again although he "wasn't that crazy about it". I had heard there were some scary parts and he had said he didn't like the beginning because all they do is talk, talk, talk and then he didn't like the last ghost of the future. And it was creepy in parts. I was glad to be able to discuss with him different parts of the movie to help him understand the point. But wow I was surprised at how crazy it got at times! Not a movie I would want to watch again. I also used it to explain more about Charles Dickens and the villages I collect and how he was an author of many stories and that the movie WAS A BOOK first. It was so funny to hear him be like, wow really? You know this story?? LOL. OK, on to get going with all my online ordering, researching and shopping I need to get done!