Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas Eve was quiet and peaceful, making gingerbread houses and baking cookies for Santa.  That evening, we went outside and the children sprinkled (ok, ok, more like wildly hurled) the reindeer food we had made earlier in the month all over the ground.
Creating Gingerbread Houses
Tossing out Reindeer Food
After Santa Visited
Christmas morning was exciting!  The kids actually slept until 7:30a.  They opened their stockings on our bed, then they waited impatiently for John to shower before we opened gifts.  John was on call all of the holiday weekend, and needed to be ready to head out the door if need be.  Thankfully, he did not have to go in all of Christmas Day.
I LOVE the expression on Asher's face!
He wanted a Nerf gun so badly.

Allie was speechless when she opened this gift,
the #1 toy she had asked Santa for: a Princess Barbie.
The children received lots of great new toys, and it was so nice to not hear "I'm BORED!" all day long for the first time in 2 weeks.  After talking with John's parents that afternoon, we decided that the kids and I would head out on our trip back home the following day (Sunday), instead of waiting until Tuesday, and stop in Memphis at Mimi and Papa's house to have Christmas with them, versus them driving here on Sunday and leaving Tuesday.  But I'll save that long story for another post....

We hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!