Saturday, January 26, 2008
been a few days...
Wow it has been since Wednesday since I posted! Let's get caught up since then.
Thursday we did NOT go to Library as planned. Snow flurries were forecast, and I took Ash to school regular time. After dropping him off at 8 am, the snow was coming down hard and fast and the flakes were huge! I even called the school office on my way home to see what the protocol was for dismissing early if need be. She said she didn't think they would, as the snow was supposed to taper off (which they didn't, because it did!). The snow was actually sticking to the roads in many places and the salt/sand trucks were heading out in full force. I think the intensity of the snowfall took everyone by surprise. So anyway - I wasn't going to take Allie back out in that mess, and thankfully John was able to pick Ash up at 2:45 pm even though he was on call that day - which usually means a later day for him, but he was done by 1:45 pm.
John didn't get called in Thursday night, which makes like 6 call nights in a row to not get called back which = full night's sleep! He went in Friday morning for only one case, and was home by 9:30 am. We decided to head over to Florence to run a few errands. We returned the dog door for the pups dogloo house as it didn't fit, then went to Linens N Things to look for sheets for our bed, didn't find any but did find a nice Eddie Bauer flannel set HALF OFF for Asher's bed, as we were just saying he needed flannel sheets as his bed is COLD! Then we had lunch at a restaurant called Hoggy's, a - you guessed it - BBQ joint. It was marginal, and then the server LOST OUR CREDIT CARD. It apparently slipped out of the thingie after she ran it through. I was just stunned and was already thinking of having to cancel another account number with Cabela's, when thankfully they realized that another server had seen it on the floor and had turned it over to the bartender for safekeeping until someone claimed it. Whew! Close one. We then went to Bed Bath & Beyond where we found lots of goodies - a cheese grater, several Yankee Candles on sale - which I stocked up on for gifts, ice cream scooper, gloves for Asher, and YES our sheets we love! I wasn't sure we would find them again! Now we have more than one set we like! (As 5 other sets sit in our linen closet...hmm maybe I should clean out the linen closet while I am organizing this month?!) We also stopped at Cold Stone Creamery and then to the fish store for a new coral and some new fish food.
When we got home it was around 5:15 pm. Since we had been treating the whole day's outing like John's birthday celebration (his b-day is Feb 3 but he is on call that day and it is Super Bowl), Asher and I decided to go ahead and give John his birthday gift - the Nintendo Wii plus accessories. John was shocked - had no clue! Heehee.
Today Allie was up bright and early - well it wasn't even bright out yet - at 6:30 am. I nursed her and then she was not interested in falling back asleep so she and I sat up and played for awhile, had breakfast, and then headed downstairs for her to hang out in the playroom while I worked on ORGANIZING the downstairs area still. And guess what? It is complete, other than my three piles having to be hauled out. There is a huge donation pile, a trash pile, and a burn pile. Everything else is organized and neatly stacked back in the storm shelter room. John even put together the new recliner this afternoon that has been sitting in two pieces since last SEPTEMBER. Nowhere near completion down here, but slowly making progress and that big project for me is accomplished which feels great!
After getting Allie down for her morning nap at 9:30 am, I showered and then headed out BY MYSELF to go to the post office and WalMart. While at the post office an elderly gentleman fell down the outside concrete steps - 5 of them! - and busted his head open. It was horrible! My car got blocked in between the police car and ambulance and I had to wait it out - I felt so bad for him.
At WalMart I was able to find the coordinating fabric needed for the blankets I am making for Ginger's family. I was happy to find it, and now I need to get on sewing! My goal is to have those projects completed by Feb 15.
Once home, we had lunch and then played the Wii for awhile - tried bowling and WOW that's FUN!! Asher caught on quick and we had so much fun. We also tried baseball which was a hoot. It was a little slower for Ash's attention span though!
And milestone! Allie took 5 steps today!! She had toys in each hand and wanted to come to me, so she just walked! Normally she would drop down and crawl, but I guess she didn't want to let go of the toys. I snapped some pics as I was actually taking a few of her anyway. Our baby girl, getting so big! She loves to play at the kitchen in the playroom. She puts the pots and pans on the stove and then bangs them with the spatula!
Can't think of any other news here - guess this was newsy enough! LOL! Here are a couple of pics from the last few days:
Asher "reading" in the best comfy reading chair.
Allie "cooking" in the kitchen while I was making supper: