Thursday, January 3, 2008
Good Morning, Thursday!
Well 2008 has started off COLD and snowy. It is flurrying again outside and weather.com says it is 16 degrees but feels like 9. I have already let the pups out to potty and BRRRRR. They were happy to come right back in. Will wait for sunrise before trekking down to the henhouse and letting the gals out. When I do that, I will also have to get the 4-wheeler out and go down the drive to our gate and unlock and swing it open, as the meter reader for our electric company couldn't get in yesterday and they called us later in the day to see what was going on - I had called last week and told them that with our stolen mail (need to post separately about that mess) that we were keeping our gate closed and locked now 24/7 and that we would get them a key as soon as we can get copies made - which is proving difficult in this town and we have resorted to an internet company - anyway she said fine and that the reader is actually coming back out this way today and I said we would leave it open all day today for him - and then John forgot on his way to work and I forgot to remind him, so I called him about 7 am and asked did he lock it? and he said yes, sorry! So now I have to get down there and open it.
Asher was supposed to start back at school today, which I wasn't crazy about simply because he doesn't go on Fridays and after being out of school for holiday break I hated to get all into the routine for one day and then he be home for 3 days then back again to the routine on Monday. Well with all of the snow most schools are canceled but St Pat is open, but on a 2 hour delay. I told John I didn't really want to take him and he was fine with that. So, no school today! I have actually really enjoyed having Ash home on break (versus ready to boot him out the door back to school like at the end of summer, LOL!) and also have really enjoyed having the break of being chauffeur for an hour in the morning (roundtrip) and an hour in the afternoon.
Today, Cathy, Catie & Vivi were going to go with Allie and I to Florence (south of Cincinnati, about an hour away) to go shopping, after dropping the boys off at their respective schools. Now with the snow those plans have changed somewhat. Adam is home today, and now Asher is too. I would still really like to get out of town and shop (there is basically only a WalMart here!) BUT I hate taking Asher shopping as he is in that stage of "are we done yet?" and "we are never getting out of here!" and "I am so bored!" basically turning the entire shopping experience into something akin to having a root canal with no anesthetic. Allie on the other hand is happy to hang out in the cart, cozily ensconced in her cart cover with snacks and toys. I think Asher wishes he were still small enough to be in her position, and honestly, I can't blame him.
Also, with the frigid temps I can't leave my pups out in their outdoor kennel all day, and they are not house trained so when they are inside, they are in an indoor kennel unless being closely supervised. Weather.com says it is only supposed to be in mid-20s for a high today, and actually feel 10 degrees less. The longest I could keep them in the inside kennel at a time is 3-4 hours and that is pushing it. Not exactly enough time to drive over and run all the errands we need to do. Shoot! I really would have liked to have done that today. Ah well, you never know the reason, right?? Maybe John will want to drive over on Saturday.
Sweet moment - when Allie woke up at 2:30 this morning to nurse, I went in her room and picked her up (oh, another thing that is so adorable - every time I go to pick her up from her crib after a sleep time, she leans down to pick up her "goosey" (beanie baby goose) in one hand and her "blankie" in the other before I get to her - she has just started doing that this past week) - anyway - I picked her up and cuddled her, and normally I do not talk to her or turn on any lights, and usually she doesn't "talk" either, we just sit in the glider and nurse and then back to the crib - but this morning she laid her head on me and said "Mama" in the sweetest, most loving, sleepy voice I have heard. Sooo precious and it is moments like that that I will miss when she finally sleeps all night long, every night. I am in love with that baby so very much.