I also took some pics of the eggs we collected on Saturday. We got a huge double egg - 3 inches long! - and then also got a baby egg, looked like a quail egg! It is so tiny! I haven't cracked it open yet. Also below is a pic of the eggs we have collected the last several days.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Monday Misc
Lots of misc things running through my head. Let's see. Yesterday Asher and I made Funfetti cupcakes and the stinker ate SIX, yes SIX, of them while I was downstairs sewing and he was upstairs watching a movie. He did ask if he could have one, and I said yes, but never would I have thought he would eat SIX of them. Thank goodness they didn't already have the yummy but rich dark chocolate homemade frosting on them or he would have been sick for sure. As it was he just didn't want dinner! LOL.
Allie is starting to take one or two steps on her own while standing. I can see how much more comfortable she is feeling being up on her feet. She can stand up without having to hold on to anything, squat down to pick something up, then stand again all without falling or holding on to a thing! Also her top front to the right tooth is almost through, which will make six teeth for her. I am also still in denial that her one year birthday is 15 days away.
Asher was back to school this morning. After I dropped him off I ran by my friend Melanie's to drop off a dozen eggs - our first sale! Pretty cool. This morning when I let the chickens out there were 4 eggs, two of then green, and one of the green ones was huge - I figured it was a double so I cracked it open for my breakfast and yup! A double yolk! That's cool.
Yesterday morning we actually made it to church. Now no one fall over. I know it is amazing. We visited May's Lick Baptist, where our friends the Mullikin's go. It was a nice service, scripture focused on communion and why/what spirit you should have to partake it. I liked how the children stay for the first 10 minutes or so of singing and announcements, and then they go up front and the pastor does a little 2 minute sermon just for them, then they get a treat and file out to their children's church.
I kept Allie with us through the service. Many of the families there also had little ones in the sanctuary. Gayle told us it wasn't a problem. John and I, the church we grew up in, I don't really remember there ever being babies in the service. There were "cry rooms" or the nursery for them. John doesn't really like Allie being in there. She did great - she only started to fuss once toward the end and before I could stand up to take her out, he hissed at me "Take her out!!!!" That was frustrating because he just thinks that is what the nursery is for, and I don't want to put her in the nursery. Hence one major reason we haven't been attending church. Anyway I left the sanctuary, nursed her to sleep, and then brought her back in in time for communion, which I was a little bummed I was missing. Gayle shared hers with me. Allie would have stayed asleep in my arms but for one of the other babies started hollering and wouldn't stop and those parents did NOT take him out, so Allie woke up. Service was over shortly after that though so no worries. The Mullikin's invited us for lunch but John said we needed to get Allie home since she didn't take her morning nap that day, and that we had too much to do at home. I knew he had a point but both Asher and I were disappointed in not being able to visit with them. To make up for it, I took the kids over to the Mullikin's around 4:30 pm (they just live 3 miles down the road) to visit for an hour or so and Asher got to finally see the baby lambs, Roger even let him hold one!
Let's see, what else is going on here. This morning I worked downstairs clearing out more of the "storm shelter" room. It is leaking a bit in places and I want to rearrange and throw out/reorganize things. I also want most everything in plastic totes versus cardboard. Thankfully no water damage has been done. That room is the one that is below our back deck, and it is literally concrete all around you - floor, walls, and ceiling are all concrete. We call it the storm shelter room but in reality we use my craft room for that as the concrete room is FREEZING and there isn't any place to sit other than a COLD floor.
I am proud of the pile for donations and the trash pile! Woohoo! Also I started going through a tote of pre-pregnancy clothes and guess what?! My absolute fav pair of jeans that I haven't been able to fit into since I got pregnant with Allie FIT! Finally! I just tried them not but a few months ago. Oh yeah, go me!
Allie "helped" me organize as her morning nap was only a little over an hour long. She is such a joy, even when she is such a stinker, like when she pulls out every item of a tote I just packed. :)
Yesterday afternoon I got to cut out some fabric and sew a little. My first experience with minky. I like it, but not as much as the chenille. Here is what I made:
I also took some pics of the eggs we collected on Saturday. We got a huge double egg - 3 inches long! - and then also got a baby egg, looked like a quail egg! It is so tiny! I haven't cracked it open yet. Also below is a pic of the eggs we have collected the last several days.
It is also snowing outside today, although not really sticking. It is so pretty though! I love snow. I figure if it is going to be cold, then it might as well snow. No ice, though, no thank you.
Time to get some lunch and then go get little man! I actually have enough eggs to sell a dozen to one of Asher's teachers - told her if my hens laid good this morning then I could bring her a dozen this afternoon. :)
I also took some pics of the eggs we collected on Saturday. We got a huge double egg - 3 inches long! - and then also got a baby egg, looked like a quail egg! It is so tiny! I haven't cracked it open yet. Also below is a pic of the eggs we have collected the last several days.