Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Allie's First Playdate

Today we had friends over! My new friend Rhonda and her 10 month old little girl Rachael. Allie and Rachael are SO CUTE together!! It is really neat to see her with her own little friend. She was sooo excited to wake up from her morning nap and Rachael be here! Right after I snapped this pic, Allie actually laid her head back and rested it on Rachael. So precious! The only downside to the playdate was about 45 minutes before it was over, Rachael fell and bumped her forehead on our coffee table and has a big goose egg, complete with dark bruising! I felt awful but we know things like that happen. I just got off the phone with Rhonda tonight checking on Rachael and she is doing fine. Thank goodness! She is just starting to pull up and crawl around and I know with Allie that equals lots of bumps and bruises. Otherwise we really enjoyed our visit with them, and showing them around the farm and the house as this was their first time over. It is COLD here and we are expecting snow tonight possibly. We'll see if school is in session tomorrow. Asher is out next Mon for MLK Day and he is also out the Tuesday for the Pro-Life March, so if he is out tomorrow he will have 6 straight days off! Can't think of anything else to write about. I am tired and ready for bed. I have been sleeping poorly the last few nights. Allie is up about every other night but I haven't fed her at night since last Monday night, so we are done with night feeds fingers crossed. When she does wake up it is usually around 2 or 4 am and she fusses for about 5 or 10 minutes and then puts herself back to sleep. I am such a light sleeper usually - so when I hear her I hop out of bed, turn our fan on high, herd the cats out of our room, and shut the door so she won't wake John up. Then I crawl in bed next to Asher (thank goodness for his huge queen bed) and thankfully he sleeps right through her fussing. Here's hoping for a good night's sleep!