Wednesday, January 2, 2008
up early
Up early this morning - 5:55 am. Woke up to the cat barfing, now isn't that just what you want to hear?! John got showered and ready for work and I decided to stay up after cleaning up the cat's mess. I didn't fall asleep last night until midnight but Allie didn't get me up in the middle of the night so I got 6 solid hours. Hopefully that means I will be tired by a decent bedtime tonight! Tomorrow starts Asher back to school!
John thought Ash went to school today. Someone at work said last night something about his kids starting back today (at St Pat) same as Mason County. I was like, no, the calendar said they don't start back until Thursday. So there I was on the computer, looking at the St Pat website calendar just to make sure the calendar I have at home was right. And it was. Good thing John didn't wake Ash up!
Then, even if school had started back today, it would have been canceled as it is SNOWING! All the schools that were starting back today were closed. John said he slipped and slid even in 4 wheel drive all the way to work - especially on the bad hill about halfway to the main highway (we are down a windy, curvy US highway for about 7 miles until the main 4 lane highway).
I have had my latte, paid bills, and feel good about actually being up before the kids. :)
Allie is awake - gotta go!