Sunday, January 6, 2008
What a Weekend!
Whew, it is Sunday night and I am sad that the weekend is over. It was awesome having John home 3 days though. Friday he ran errands and finally got several copies of our gate key made. We want Jeff and Cathy to have one, as well as possibly the UPS guy (if they will take it due to liability) and maybe our mail lady. We also have to get one to the Electric company for the meter reader.
Later Friday John worked on the coop but Jeff wasn't able to come over. So we didn't end up seeing Catie again before she left, which was a bit of a bummer as we never told her "bye", but she did send a sweet email Saturday morning telling us bye and that she would see us soon. We just love her.
Saturday John agreed we could drive over to Florence to get some shopping done. We headed out around 11:30 am. Allie napped on the way and Asher watched a movie, and John and I got to just chat in peace. First stop was the pet store where we get saltwater things - we had three corals to sell back that we had grown - we got a $60 credit! Then we headed to PetSmart which was insane - it always is on Saturdays! John was grouchy and when we got back in the car I said, what is the deal?? And he said he didn't really want to be shopping, he would have rather stayed home and worked on - what else - the chicken coop. Which was frustrating as I view a day in Florence together as a nice break (even when the kids are with us) from the mundane routine of life, and also a chance to eat out at a nice restaurant and just enjoy ourselves away from the responsibilities of the farm and work. We had even put up the chickens before leaving so that we wouldn't have to worry about being home by dark. I told him I understood where he was coming from though, but I wish he could just leave that for a day so we could enjoy a break. We were on different wavelengths! I was looking forward to just enjoying the day together, not being on a schedule, having a nice lunch, etc. He didn't want to go sit down and eat. I was disappointed but told him look, if you don't want to be here and are going to have a grouchy attitude, then it just makes it miserable for the rest of us and let's just make a couple more stops, drive through fast food and go home. We stopped at Babies R Us where I went in while he stayed in the car with the kids - I nursed Allie before I went in and then John was the human jungle gym entertaining her. I got some new sleepers for Allie on sale, only 4 of them though since Ginger is sending me a few. I am still bummed that Allie already outgrew the cute ones I got her at the end of October! I also picked up a few things for a friend, and got several other things I needed.
When I got back to the car, we were deciding where to go next. By this time it was almost 2 pm and we hadn't eaten lunch. I told John and he knew, too, that we had to get lunch next as Asher and I don't do well with skipped meals. LOL! He said, alright let's go to the Olive Garden (my favorite!) which really surprised me - I guess he had done some thinking and thought heck, just make the best of the day since we are here! We had to wait a good 25 minutes for a table which stunk, but the excellent food and service and kids doing great made up for it.
After eating we went to Jo-Ann Fabrics which also surprised me! I have been wanting to go there and get some new flannel/chenille for baby blankets but didn't think he would want to go. He totally humored me and we all went in. Asher had fun helping me pick out cute patterns of flannel. Then he would haul the bolt of fabric to John who was manning the cart. Then, when I was finished, Asher handed the bolts to the worker to measure/cut. She struck up a conversation with him and would ask him did he pick out this one? and what do we make with them? and at one point she asked him, and do you help your mommy sew? and he got the silliest look on his face and said, "noooo, I'm only 4!" like DUH!! I said, well you help me organize my pins and measure! She just cracked up and when we were all done, she said to John and I what a nice and polite child he was. We have worked hard with him and it is always a warm feeling when it pays off, LOL!
Last stop was the pet store again to cash in the credit - got a new coral for even money. Thankfully Allie slept again on the way home, the only downside to that was she didn't want to go to bed! Her sleep schedule is so messed up.
Today Jeff and Adam came over and helped John on the coop. I will post pics and the scoop on the eggs tomorrow. Today I also did a lot of ORGANIZING in one of our storage rooms downstairs, and brought up the totes to break down the last of the Christmas decorations. Maybe tomorrow I can actually take them down! I also finished boxing up the baby clothes I am sending to my niece who is due with a baby girl in about a month. I have got to send those to her in the next day or two. AND I even found time to get in my craft room and make another LO (layout) for Allie's album - I even used my new foam stamps with purple paint and had fun with that. The LO is called "Mimi Love" and is a precious pic of John's mom cuddling Allie just home from the hospital - Allie even still has her armband on.
Tomorrow Ash starts back to school and I think I am finally ready to get back into routine! Monday is busy, busy with my to-do list multiple items. I have broken it down into January projects, then weekly projects, then each night I try to jot down the things I would like to get done the next day.
Good night!