Before I did the cards and LO, I sewed Evan's ISU blanket - it is a matching fleece panel on both sides. I was a little leery of this project as it was a first for me, but I am pleased with the way it turned out and am glad to have it DONE so I can take it to Hot Springs with us next week. Now I just have to get Ginger's done and they will all have coordinating ISU blankets! The fleece fabric for Ginger's is on its way and should be here by Tuesday. I have the other pieces needed for it, so that should come together quickly. :)
Saturday, February 23, 2008
saturday
No skating party today. :( And of course the first thing out of Asher's mouth this morning was, "Mommy, today is Zoe's skating party!!!" We are still iced in - more freezing rain fell last night. Not to mention everyone is still snotty. Bummer!
Being stuck at home does have its advantages. I have been able to be very productive today, mostly in part to Allie taking a 3 hour nap. I made Zoe's birthday card, and I will take her card and present to Playgroup on Tuesday to give to her. And I also made Jake's birthday card to go with his blankie I made earlier in the week - the "animal crackers" backed with minky - his 1 yr party is tomorrow, although if Allie is still cruddy then I will just go deliver his present - providing we can get out of driveway! I think it will be pretty thawed by tomorrow, fingers crossed! If we can't make it out tomorrow, then I will give his present to him at Playgroup, too. While I was making cards, I made Nick's (Ginger's hubby) birthday card - he is turning 30 this a week from tomorrow. After card making, I decided to put together a layout. It's my 5th scrapbook LO for the month - met my goal! WOOHOO!
Before I did the cards and LO, I sewed Evan's ISU blanket - it is a matching fleece panel on both sides. I was a little leery of this project as it was a first for me, but I am pleased with the way it turned out and am glad to have it DONE so I can take it to Hot Springs with us next week. Now I just have to get Ginger's done and they will all have coordinating ISU blankets! The fleece fabric for Ginger's is on its way and should be here by Tuesday. I have the other pieces needed for it, so that should come together quickly. :)
John has done work on both fish tanks today. Asher's looked awful. He is still having an issue with red flatworms in there. We broke down today and bought (online) some chemical to put in there - we were hoping to take care of them without chemicals, but they are getting worse and worse and we don't have a choice.
I am excited to have purchased some Alexander Henry fabric called Hot Dot. It is what my diaper clutch is made from that I bought online before I started sewing. I was able to find this fabric on eBay and am so glad as it has been retired and is hard to find - plus I got it for a steal! I got a yard of it and plan to make a matching changing pad and also a "baby pouch" - an idea I have for a little bag to go in a diaper bag to hold snacks, change of clothes or whatever. Here is the fabric:
Love it!
OK, Allie is up, gotta run!
Before I did the cards and LO, I sewed Evan's ISU blanket - it is a matching fleece panel on both sides. I was a little leery of this project as it was a first for me, but I am pleased with the way it turned out and am glad to have it DONE so I can take it to Hot Springs with us next week. Now I just have to get Ginger's done and they will all have coordinating ISU blankets! The fleece fabric for Ginger's is on its way and should be here by Tuesday. I have the other pieces needed for it, so that should come together quickly. :)