Saturday, March 29, 2008
Sleepy Saturday
YAWN!!! I am so blah and lazy feeling right now! Of course it is 3:30 pm and that is definitely my sleepy time of the day.
John left bright and early this morning at 6:15 am. Allie got up close to 7 and Asher close to 8. It was cold and windy this morning, but now it is sunny and not quite 50 degrees although still breezy.
Our "emergency" heat was blowing cold - BRRRR - and literally cooled the house down from 68 degrees to 65 before I realized what was happening! I just turned it off, and we were quite chilly all morning, so by 12:30 pm I decided to try the other heat option that we had been using before we realized the fan was broken, and it worked and the unit doesn't seem any worse for the wear as it automatically kicks to the propane instead of the furnace. Sheesh! Talked with John and he agreed that seems to be fine.
Allie went down for a nap around 11:30 am but was up by 12:30 pm - ugh! So back down she went around 2:30 pm which is so odd for us, and I am waiting to see if she will fall asleep. I don't hear her on the monitor, so maybe she will get more of a snooze and not be a complete bear come 5 pm. She did wake up with a runny nose this morning and has sneezed a few times. Greeeat. That combined with her no nap day yesterday pushed me to try for 2 naps today, something we haven't done in weeks.
John just called and he is done with his beekeeper meeting and is going to run to this really cool store - oh Allie isn't asleep I hear her clapping and squealing now on the monitor, guess this will be another extremely early bedtime day - called Jungle Jim's that is like an international market. They have fresh fish like we haven't seen before. So he will grab some of that and maybe the makings of a raspberry martini as they have a wonderful liquor section and I have been wanting a raspberry martini ever since I had one at the Embassy bar when we were in Arkansas! And I am really NOT a drinker. I think we have like a half a bottle of wine in the fridge and that is it.
Have spent maybe 20 minutes sewing raw edges of unwashed material before it is washed so it won't unravel, getting used to the feel of my new Singer machine. It is very, very different and not necessarily in a good way (yet). I am just so used to my old one. Getting things figured out though and I am sure the more I use it the more I will like it.
Going to try to get a couple other things done before I get her out of the crib!