Friday, April 18, 2008

end of a beautiful week

What a glorious week it has been!!! First of all, John's oral surgery going so well and him having really NO pain, just some soreness. Back to his normal self within 24 hours?! Is that for real? Also, the weather! Oh my goodness, it has been absolutely gorgeous! In the upper 60s - mid 70s and sunny and a bit breezy. WOW! I could definitely live with that all of the time! We have had such a productive week and some really great family time. Yesterday we spent all day at the zoo and didn't get home until late, late, late after also having dinner at Olive Garden and then buying yet more blueberry plants and then checking out a new aquarium store. It was an exhausting but fun day. Today we spent 4 hours outside (during Allie's extremely long naptime to make up for yesterday!) mowing, planting, weeding, etc. We now have 60 blueberry plants in the ground, as well as all 17 of our fruit/nut trees. The farm is transforming and it is so satisfying. We moved the baby chicks in with the big hens on Wednesday. There was lots of clucking and protest from the big hens, but overall everyone is doing just fine. Today marks the baby chicks 6 week birthday and I celebrated by turning off their brooder lamp. LOL! Tomorrow John will get up at 4 am and drive 8 hours to take Jill pup to the trainer. I am sad as I can't believe I won't see her for at least 2 months. It will be so strange and I know Penny will be wondering what the heck is up. Lots more one-on-one time with her though while sister is gone. Not sure what the kids and I will do tomorrow. Probably just stay home as it is supposed to rain. I have a million things to do (as usual) inside that have been neglected a bit as I have spent so much time outside this week.