Monday, April 21, 2008
monday, monday
Start of a new week and the end of John's vacation. Back to the regular routine. Asher was not happy to be left at school this morning. There is a lot of unrest with them shutting down the preschool after this semester is over. Ms Pam and Ms Pauletta seem crabby and negative and I only hope that isn't how they are all day long. Ash is counting the weeks down until he is out for the summer. He is over it already! LOL
A group of the parents have been talking and wanted to meet with the school board to voice their unhappiness with the preschool closing. Many in his class are just now 3 or early 4 and were planning on returning for a second year of preschool in the fall. Yesterday some of the parents met with the board although I have not heard the outcome yet. John works with a guy who is actually on the board and I called him this morning and asked him to ask Roger what went down.
This morning after dropping Ash off, Allie and I went to Wal-Mart. Ugh. Normally John goes for me which is wonderful. But it didn't work out that way this time, and we were out of many essentials, mainly milk! Our cart was so loaded down that we had to have TWO at the checkout to fit everything back in. Then someone had to help me out to the car! I've never had that happen before.
Allie JUST now went to sleep (1:30 pm). *sigh. She really wanted to be playing outside longer and not nap! Thankfully John called and can get Asher from school, so I won't have to wake her up in 45 minutes. After he gets Ash they are going to Lowe's so John can get the last boards and things he needs for the turkey pen. The turkeys will most likely be brooded in the barn area for the first several weeks, but John really wants the pen done. It has been hanging over his head.
Yesterday I got more planting done in terms of landscaping. I am bordering "monkey grass", I think it's real name is Blue Turf something or other, along the back sidewalk and around the pool area. It looks awesome and totally worth the work. Besides, digging in the dirt with the warm sun on you is so therapeutic. Plus it's a good workout.
Tomorrow is Playgroup day and we are meeting at the park. We want to take advantage of these gorgeous days to be outside!
Saturday Asher said the sweetest thing. We had just come downstairs and he and Allie were playing and I was in the office. He kept saying, "Allie, you're my favorite sister in the whole world!" So precious. Allie has also started trying to say so many new words. She LOVES animals and being outside. I look back at pictures of her over the last several months and can't believe how much she's grown. Slow down, baby girl!
Penny pup is enjoying being an inside dog and having attention. She hasn't been in her outdoor kennel more than a couple of hours since Saturday morning. She is however still looking for Jill. It breaks my heart as she doesn't understand where she has gone. They have never been separated in 10 months!!! This is hard. She will wander around the house whimpering and I know she is thinking, where is she? Where is she hiding?
Well off to get something creative done I hope now that Allie is asleep. I am almost finished with Catie's blanket and would love to be able to send it with Cathy when she goes to see her this weekend.