Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day!

Life has been busy around here! John has been on call since Friday for the long weekend. He was able to get most of our hay fields cut, raked and baled by yesterday. Good thing as more rain is forecast this afternoon and tomorrow. It is HUMID out and that is NOT like Northern Kentucky! Blech! He got called in last night and ended up having to stay, and even though today is a holiday a couple of the surgeons are doing cases. So he will be stuck there until at least late afternoon. He is then on call again Wednesday which really sucks as that is Asher's birthday. The good part is that after that call day on Wed he won't be on again until the following week. We took Mom back to the airport on Saturday. It was sad to say goodbye as we never know when we will see each other again. The kids had a ball with her and Asher says to me yesterday, "You know, Mommy? Grandma is really neat!" So cute. Something has happened to my Penny dog. We think she jabbed her muzzle on our old hay rake that is hidden by 3 ft tall grass at the edge of the pasture. She has a cut on her muzzle and I think she is going to need stitches. It is like a puncture. It happened when I let her out to feed her and then run her, I was taking care of the chickens like usual and she was running and even though the fields are cut she must have thought, hey it looks like fun to run through this extremely tall grass I can't see anything in. I heard her yelp and she smeared blood on my pants. Then she hightailed it to the house. I called John and he said she is probably fine, he would check her out when he got home and if she does need stitches then we would take her to the vet tomorrow. Of course I am in half-panic mode and hate that she is hurt and I feel helpless and it's a holiday!!!!! OK, what else did I want to blog about?? My brain feels like mush. The allergies have been horrible here lately and I don't feel like the drops we are on help as much as the shots did. I can't even be outside for 5 minutes without sneezing and eyes itching. I sucked it up and mowed yesterday anyway and wow that was miserable. The wind had picked up some and it was rough. Well, that's all for now. I feel really scattered and need some kleenex as I am sneezing yet again.