Monday, May 19, 2008
Mom's here!
My mom arrived Saturday as planned. I was able to get away right at 11 am and drove down to Lexington to pick her up at the airport. Her plane landed at 12 pm and I didn't get there until 12:20 because of some road work/traffic issues. But, as soon as I picked her up we went to lunch at our favorite - Olive Garden. Then it was a whirlwind with stops at Old Navy, Lasting Legacy (scrapbook store), Party City, pedicure, and Sew-A-Lot fabric store. We made it home around 7:15 pm. Poor Mom had to wake up at 2:30 that morning to make it to the airport in time to catch her 6:30 am flight! So she was pretty wiped out. We showed her around the house but waited until yesterday to give her the outside tour.
The weather has been gorgeous, mid 60s and breezy. The pollen is out big time though for here, I think it is all the grasses. John and I have been miserable, even with the regimen we are on. It stinks because we love having the windows open in the house, especially when it is in the 60s/70s, but with so much pollen in the air we can't do it.
I need to mow desperately. It should have been done Friday night but I ran out of energy. Sunday it was so windy I wasn't interested in mowing at all. So, it reallllly needs to be done today, but all I want to do is CRAFT with Mom!!!!!!! We haven't gotten to do anything creative at all. And John is on call Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon! Whew!
Not to mention with the allergies so bad mowing is NOT enjoyable like it usually is.
Asher is at school, this is his last week. I took him this morning and his teacher, Ms Pam, wasn't there. I asked Ms Pauletta if she was alright and she said yes, that she just "needed to be home this week". This week?! This is the last week of school. She said that she would be at the farewell picnic on Thursday though. Strange. There is more to that story I am sure. I am a little perturbed though as that is it, done, she won't be in the classroom again for Ash and it just seems weird. Oh well, whatever!
OK, time to get Allie down for her nap and the dog fed and chickens watered and turkeys fed/watered and then hopefully craft a bit before time to go get Ash!
Whew!