Thursday, June 5, 2008

another good PLAY day

This morning I took the kids to the Library for Storytime. I purposely got there 10 minutes early to get Asher settled in at a table with a book or the coloring books/crayons we brought in. However, we get there and he just goes right on down and sits with the other children, and Allie followed and they just had a big time participating in all of the songs and books and finger play! I was so proud of Ash. I guess since he knew he had a choice he wanted to do that?! Whatever! He even did the craft! After Library we had to run in to the post office which is practically next door. I got all of Ash's thank you cards mailed - yay - and a few other things that needed to go out. Also needed stamps. Then we met up with a handful of the playgroup, some that had been at the Library, at the McDonald's PlayPlace for lunch and to burn some energy until around noon. I let Allie actually PLAY for the first time EVER and was proud of myself. That place is sooo dirty and I have refused to even go during the winter, while Ash was in school anyway, to let her play. Once home she went down for a nice long nap and Ash and I went outside in our swimsuits to feed chickens and let Penny out and to tan/swim. John got home at a decent time, maybe around 2 pm, and we enjoyed being outside for awhile longer. Then Ms Pauletta, Asher's teacher from Pre-K, drove out to get her farm eggs. So we visited with her for about 30 minutes and showed her around the farm. Ash was very happy to see her and show her the house and farm and he even picked a gallon bag of lettuce for her. I am enjoying our word of the month and am glad we chose to keep it. And the best news is that Ginger is driving here on Sunday with her two kiddos, barring any illness or bad weather, and I know we will have a blast letting loose and PLAYing while they are here! WOOHOO! Now it is 5 pm and time to get supper going. John is upstairs with kiddos and I grabbed a half hour on the computer to get caught up on accounts and get a blog post in. :)