Wednesday, June 4, 2008

girl time!

Oh, it was so good to get away tonight! After two straight days of rain and the kids cooped up inside, I needed some girl talk and a good movie. Four of us were able to make it to the Mexican restaurant and then we walked next door to the theater to see Sex and the City. I do miss that show! It was a good movie. A little slow at times and definitely not what I thought it would be at other times but it definitely ended well! So glad I went. John didn't get home today until close to 4 pm and he had to do some gravel work on the drive from all the rain we had yesterday and again today. The rain was just torrential! Thankfully most of it cleared off by the time I had to leave at 5:40 pm. BUT, while we were in the theater and the previews were finally over (30 minutes of them!) and the movie had JUST gotten going, they paused it. Yes, I said paused. And a worker came in saying we were under a tornado warning and it was pretty windy and rainy outside and she felt like we needed to know, and if we wanted to go then they would refund our money, but really what were we going to do? Leave in that mess? We were like, well are you still playing the movie or are you kicking us out?! They didn't have a storm shelter area so we were all like, just play the movie! There were only maybe 15 people in there anyway. So, they started the movie back up and other than hearing the rain and wind at times, no big deal. We thought, oh great we are gonna end up on the news as the moms who were watching Sex and the City and wouldn't leave and then a tornado blew the theater away. But all was fine. So! Time to try to get to bed. It is almost 11 pm and tomorrow is Library Storytime. Not sure if we will go to the park/McD's afterwards or not. It is supposed to be hot and humid tomorrow so I wouldn't mind getting the kids back home, Allie down for her nap and then Ash and I spending some much needed time outside, possibly swimming. We may hit the park for a bit before heading home and eat a picnic lunch there, just going to play it by ear and see what we feel like tomorrow.