Sunday, June 1, 2008
June = PLAY
I have updated the sidebar with my philosophy for the month as well as my projects and dates. It's late and I'm tired so that is what I have come up with so far. Although, I am going to try to not over-do with projects for myself as it is SUMMERTIME and Ash is home and hopefully Ginger and her kiddos will make it to Kentucky for a week visit (weather permitting as well as everyone has to be healthy!) so I didn't want to bog myself down!
Ginger and I thought about changing our word this month, but in the end decided that PLAY was fitting and we would keep it. I am glad we did. I already feel a big sigh of relief that June is here, and with it lazy summer days. I am so glad Ash is on break from school. Not having that commute is wonderful, and having him home is wonderful.
Today we worked outside while Allie was napping. I got a bit more of my monkey grass project going. I didn't actually plant any, I had to prep more around the pool. I did get that prepping done - 4 buckets later full of pulled up grass to make my nice row around! I still have to prep the corner area near the back patio/pool and then also come around the back patio. Then I will plant. I am thinking two more work sessions and I will be done. No rush, the monkey grass is patiently waiting in its little pots, just a sproutin' away in there. That is the most resilient stuff ever. It is going to look so great next year when it all fills in!!!
John was able to finish a HUGE project for himself - the grape trellis! All of them, which is 6 rows of 3 each. The posts have been in the ground since we moved, just not the wire trellis. YAY JOHN!!!!!
The turkeys are getting BIG, they will be 6 wks old on Tuesday. They are loving their new pen and are already able to fly up to the roosts John put up for them, which are like 6 or 7 ft off the ground! I will try to remember to take my camera with me on my evening walk with Penny when I close everyone up and shut everything down for the night, so I can get a pic of them up there roosting. Funniest looking thing. They are also starting to make their turkey noises, the gobbling and squeaky funny sounds.
Alright, gonna wrap this one up so I can try to finish uploading my scrapbook layout pics so I can be all caught up.
Oh, almost forgot. The pool is ready, and today was the first day of the season to get in! I didn't, but Ash and John did and LOVED it! I can't believe Summer is really here!