Monday, June 16, 2008
quick post
Gotta make this quick as Allie is ready to get out of the crib...
I made another sun hat during her naptime! Yay! It is a pink damask type of fabric, same pattern. I made it in the 'medium' size which is a touch smaller than the large I made yesterday. I also added a lightweight interfacing even though this is also the thicker weight home dec fabric. The pattern wanted a canvas as the interfacing and I knew from making a bag by this same designer that I didn't like the bulk of that. I think this lightweight interfacing made a slight (positive) difference in how the hat shapes, I know it made a difference in the time & hassle to add it, LOL. I will have to compare the two hats together to really see what I think. I also want to experiment with the child's size and try to add tie strings for Allie, as she will NOT keep a hat on.
Here are some pics:



OK, outta here to get my lil girl up from her quite SHORT nap. Can we say early bedtime?!