
Yesterday was a very good craft naptime for me! I made a welcome home Dixie blankie for my in-laws pooch who, as you all may remember, got hit by a car several weeks ago and has been in the pet hospital ever since. She is a fighter! They did NOT have to amputate the leg, and are working on ways to reconstruct the paw. Anyway, she is a big time car-riding dog. She goes almost EVERYWHERE with my mom-in-law and I wanted to make her a special blankie, whether it stays in the car or is in a special place in the house. It is a lightweight corduroy on top and backed with lime green stripe minky. It is about 34"x40". Verrrry soft and cozy. I hope Dixie likes it, LOL.

I also made a tote bag. I added some extra accessories for fun. It is for a little girl at my IL's church, who just turned 4, who loves her "babies" but has no blankies for them, so Judy asked me to make some blankies out of scraps or whatnot. So I am fixing her up with a tote bag, crayon keeper, doll blankies, and hair bows (courtesy of Melanie). The bow is detachable so that if the bag needs to be washed, it can be.


This morning was Library and then we headed to the Park. It is beautiful outside, upper 70s and sunny and a little breezy. Allie crashed as soon as we got home and Ash is unwinding with Monsters, Inc while I try to get some downstairs stuff done. Need to pick out fabric for an order Mel and I are placing together, and then I might try to craft more as well.