Tuesday, July 22, 2008

2 more layouts, teacher visit

Yesterday afternoon Asher's kindergarten teacher came for her home visit. She is very sweet! Probably in her late 20s. Very energetic and down to earth. John & I liked her very much and I think Asher did, too. Especially since she brought a bag of candy. LOL. She also brought another kindergarten teacher with her, Mrs Fraysure, who teaches next door. They said they do a lot of things together with the classes, science things and field trips, etc. She was also young and very energetic. Our teacher, Mrs Hughes, just had a baby girl 3 months ago, and guess who did her epidural? Yep, John. She was like, I thought you looked familiar! After finding out what he does for a living. Thankfully she had a good experience with it!! I also finished two more layouts on Sunday afternoon, making 3 out of 4 layouts from 2006 down. 1 more from 2006 and 4 from 2007 and I will meet my scrapbooking goals for the month! Doesn't Asher look so young in those pics?? That was 2 years ago. He is actually still wearing some of the same shorts he wore that summer and last summer! He is growing taller but definitely trimming up. I was able to mow last night after Allie was in bed and I got the kitchen cleaned up. And once John got Asher down, he came outside and sprayed weed killer with the ATV sprayer. We have been waiting for the plug to get here to be able to use the sprayer. I am not sure what happened with the old plug. But I know it has been missing for weeks and we tried to get one through Southern States and it didn't fit, so John finally called the manufacturer and they were like, sure we'll send you a new one free! Awesome. So now maybe we can get some of the weeds in the gravel under control. We thankfully have gotten some rain so that will be helpful to the garden/orchards and also made mowing tolerable. John is on call today, not sure how long he will have to stay, probably through the afternoon. Today was supposed to be a Playgroup day but I am not feeling it. I may go into town though and run a few errands. I need to drop my ring off at Traxel's Jewelers to have it resized and cleaned. I do NOT like leaving my ring. But it has needed to be sized smaller since about November and at some point I have to just do it. I also need to mail some things and go by the bank. Of course by now it is already 11 am and none of those things will get done before her nap. So maybe we will get out afterwards or first thing tomorrow...