Sunday - and it is super hot already outside, and very muggy. We might get a bit of rain today, we need it desperately as it has been since the 4th of July since we had a good soak. The grass is so dry and burnt up. The weeds are growing, but I am trying to wait to mow as mowing when it is so dry is miserable. Plus the grass isn't that tall, just the blasted weeds.
Yesterday evening we went to a wedding shower. It was for couples, meaning the guys were there, and we did take the kids as we had no sitter. I RSVP'd and said we couldn't make it due to not having a sitter, but the hostess said her 3 kids would be there and she was hiring a sitter to help, and that to please come and bring our kids. So, Asher played with her youngest, a girl named Kirsten who is just 5 months younger than Asher. Allie stayed glued to John's hip practically the entire time, mostly because she didn't want to go to anyone else but me, but also because the house was 3 levels with no baby gates. The kids did extremely well, especially considering Allie took a horrible nap. It was 8:45 pm when we left and she did have a meltdown on the way home, literally as soon as we got in the car. She managed to pass herself out by not getting a breath in her fit. First time she has actually done that. She has come close before. It was frightening to watch, but thankfully having John right there with me kept me calm. Very emotionally draining!
Anyway! The house was absolutely gorgeous, a custom built home they just moved into last summer. The hosts were Mike & Krista, our pediatrician and his wife. I'm not sure how they know the Mullikin family?? It was a good turnout with friends and family, good food and games, lovely gifts - an overall nice shower for the bride and groom. I grabbed my camera as we were leaving our house, figuring that Gayle (the groom's mom and our neighbor and friend) wouldn't want to mess with pics. She was so grateful that I had brought it and was happy to let me snap away so she didn't have to fuss with it. I am uploading the pics to Snapfish as I type this, and plan to order a booklet of them for Gayle and also for Zach & Whitney (the bride and groom).
Friday night was my crop. I wasn't really feeling it, but knew I was going! I knew once I got out of the house and on my way I would be glad I did. I needed the time out. I left the house by 5 pm and ran a few errands. Then I ate dinner again at my fav restaurant deSha's and got a coffee at McD's and got to the crop at 7 pm. I stayed right up until midnight again, and got EIGHT layouts done! Woohoo! My goals for this month I did a little differently, instead of saying just get 10 layouts done, I broke it down into years and such to get done. Well, I took my photo holder with me so I could have a broad range to pick from, but right before I left the house I remembered I had just gotten June's pics in from Snapfish, so I grabbed the envelope and I scrapped all of them! Yay! Here are the layouts I got done:

And here is a layout (pic from 2006)I got done during Allie's brief naptime on Saturday after I unpacked from the crop:

I got to visit with Darin & Amy Poe at the shower, who we bought the house/farm from. I wanted to ask Amy about the bus route here on our road (they built about 4 miles towards town on this same US 62). Her older girl rides the bus home in the afternoons, and she takes her in the mornings as she has to drop the younger girl at the babysitter. Amy works from home. So she said in the mornings the bus picks up at about 7:15 am and in the afternoons drops off between 3:45 and 4 pm. Darin joked that the driver, Ms Suzy, was his bus driver when he was a kid!!! There is also a bus monitor and they said she was great, too, and that they haven't had any problems with their girl riding the bus. It makes me feel a little better about Asher riding although I am still nervous putting him on the bus! I am sure all parents are at first. We aren't 100% with what we are going to do in the mornings, but in the afternoons he will ride the bus home. I am a bit concerned with the heat in the afternoons in August, so we'll see. It is nice to have options, that is for sure.
I also got to meet Casey's wife, Denetra, again - last time I saw her was in the fall of 2006 at a scrapbook crop. Casey is the other pediatrician with Mike. They had a little girl, their first child, last year, she is exactly 4 months younger than Allie. She has been invited to our playgroup multiple times, and I wanted to reiterate the invitation. Her girl still takes 2 naps a day, so she said that is why she hasn't made it but that she still wants to be on email. I am hoping to get to know her better.
Oh, tractor update. We are still discussing the tractor in Mississippi. We
want it, no question. And we do
need it although we have been making do with the one we have. It's just making the commitment and turning loose of the money that's the hard part, LOL. We have also pretty much decided we would pay to have it transported here, which would cost about a $1000. Eek! But our trailer is not heavy duty enough to support the weight of this new tractor, and we would not trade our old tractor in as they didn't offer enough, so we don't have to drive down there for the trade. It would cost over half to rent a trailer and pay the gas to get down there and back, so I am pretty sure we would let them transport it. Just so hard to come off the money.
Well, it is 12:30 pm. Gonna grab a bite to eat and then I would like to craft. It is just so hot to be outside. Praying for rain and a bit of a cool-down, back into the 80s would be better than 90s!!