Monday, July 7, 2008

gettin' it done!

Oh yeah, finally making some real progress! And once I get all these things sent at the post office tomorrow, I will feel even better! I had to stay up late tonight (it is 6 minutes to midnight, eek!) to finish the birthday gifts for tomorrow's party at Playgroup - two of the moms have little ones turning 3 this month, so they are throwing them a party during playgroup time, with pizza, cake and games. Fun! Anyway, I wanted to make them each a crayon keeper and tote. I have known about this for awhile, and got a big start on the gifts last Friday, but procrastinated worked on some other not-so-pressing things and am now pulling a Melanie (haha) by staying up late to finish before my "deadline". I was actually glad to have an excuse to craft tonight though as I didn't get to during naptime today. That was spent finishing up major house cleaning and then doing outside chores. I still have to put the crayons in and roll 'em up and wrap everything in tissue for the gift bags. But the cards are done and tied to the bags. I also got Sarah's box packed up and ready to go. Hers was ready except for the card I wanted to make and note I wanted to write in it to her. That box will actually be mailed to my mom-in-law Judy, as Dixie's blanket (their recuperating dog who by the way is home now although on "bed rest" so to speak as her paw is still healing) is in there. I also packed up the box to send to Ginger. It has Annabeth's presents in it, and Evan's crayon keepers. I made him a messenger tote and crayon keeper for his birthday (the SpongeBob one you might recall) but wasn't happy with it at all, as the twistables kept falling out. It was my first one. Anyway, I did a new one for the tall colored pencil twistables, and also one for the mini twistable size. So he is now hooked up. Annabeth has the tote and coordinating crayon keeper, as well as the hair clippie holder full of handmade clippies. So, my plan is to go to the post office before the playgroup party in the morning and ship the two boxes, mail the reimbursement paperwork to the office, and also mail Grandmother's birthday card that I made tonight. Whew. I am tired!! Off to haul these stuff upstairs and then hit the bed. John is on call tonight and didn't get home until 8 pm. So far hasn't had to go back, and he doesn't have to go in the morning, yay! So praying he gets to stay home all night.