Tuesday, July 8, 2008

party day

Today was Playgroup at 10:30, which was the dual birthday party. John did not have to go in last night, yay! So this morning I asked him if he would keep Allie while Asher and I went to Playgroup. Allie has a blast, but becomes unbearable by noon and then we always have to leave early and then we have to keep her awake in the car and then by the time we get home, she is keyed up and I put her down and she stays awake in her crib for over an hour and then maybe sleeps for 45 minutes. Ugh! I don't mind doing that maybe once a week, but really not more than that if I can help it. And church this past Sunday was that scenario minus staying awake in the car - even though we got home early she was apparently all keyed up. I think this Sunday we might try the 10:30 am service and see how it goes. I feel like they didn't really teach Asher anything in Children's Church since there were only a couple of kids - he told me he watched part of Finding Nemo!!!! What?! He was only back there for an hour and 45 minutes. He could watch TV at home for goodness sake. Also, we might branch out and try another non-denominational church. There are listings in the Saturday paper, so we will see. Anyway I digress. Ash and I went to the party/playgroup and had a great time! I got to see two moms that I haven't seen in ages. One recently had a baby. He was ADORABLE and I got to hold him for like a half hour - he fell asleep on me! I loved that new baby smell and how cuddly he was - but I haven't forgotten how hard that is either, LOL! And NO I do NOT have baby fever!!! The other mom I got to see that I haven't seen in awhile is pregnant and having her baby on August 1, so there will be another new baby to cuddle! We had pizza and salad and yummy watermelon and, of course, cupcakes. One of the hostesses had brought her indoor Jumper blow up bouncer thingie and that was a huge hit. I have to admit it was really nice to only have one kid to keep up with!! John and I are in serious tractor talk mode. We have found a 2006 Case JX95 down in Mississippi, ironically just the town next to my IL's. It is a great price and we are discussing the pros and cons of getting a new tractor, period. We will see... Not much else going on here. It is HOT, HOT, HOT and muggy. Bleh. But at least we have had some moderate rain so far this summer, thankfully it isn't as dry as last year!