Tuesday, July 15, 2008

tooth & illness update!

John was able to get his broken molar repaired on Monday, thank goodness. The dentist isn't sure why it broke. There is no decay. He thought he might have to do a root canal, but after 2 x-rays and then getting on in there he decided to try a filling and some other stuff and anyway doesn't have to do the root canal/crown as long as this holds. John was fine with that. This dentist isn't the type to just jump headfirst into things which we have thought is refreshing. LOL Illness-wise, I am feeling pretty back to normal so far today. Of course I haven't eaten. I am getting ready to eat a sandwich and hopefully that settles. Asher acts normal but isn't normal in the bathroom department if you know what I mean. I told him not only are we washing hands for 20 seconds, but then we are drying them and putting Purell on. We have to beat this mess! This morning around 10:30 I took the kids outside for some chores and play. It is about 80 degrees and sunny. Absolutely gorgeous. I filled up the kiddie pool with a few inches of water after the kids had worked up a sweat and let them cool off in there while I continued to work in the garden. I watered, which we haven't really done at all, been letting Nature take care of that. But seeing as how we haven't had but 5 minutes of rain in over a week and none forecast anytime soon, I thought I would give the plants a good drink and also loosen up the soil for weeding. I made it halfway down the potato row before it was time to head in for a change and lunch. Allie is down now and Ash is watching a favorite movie, Prehistoric Planet. So, I am outta here - gotta eat lunch and watch my new addiction, Burn Notice. OMG I love that show! I happened to be watching that channel, is it USA or TNT I am not sure? on the day before it was going to be the new season opener, and they were going to run all the previous season (it's a summer show, like my other fav The Closer) in a row. So I set the DVR to record and have been watching them like crazy.