Monday, July 14, 2008

monday, monday

Start of a new week! John was on call all weekend and it was a great one up until about 9:30 pm last night. He got called in for an epidural on a first time mom who "wanted to go natural no matter what!" until she dilated to a 3. LOL. Those first timers crack me up with the it-has-to-be-this-way and I-know-what-I-want when they haven't actually been through any of it. And I only laugh because I was that way, too. Not about wanting to go natural, but other things I thought I would or wouldn't do as a first time mom. Anyway - John figured he would just stay the night even though he didn't have to go in today since only 2 OR rooms were running. He just had a feeling he would be managing this girl. And he did. All night long. He slept from 11p-midnight, right after putting the epidural in. But she needed re-dose at midnight and he said basically he just stayed up to manage it and then she ended up needing a c-section around 4 am. Poor girl, I do feel sorry for her as her labor/delivery obviously did not go any way, shape, or form that she wanted or expected. Welcome to Motherhood! So, he came home around 8:30 this morning. Said he was ready to come home at 7 am but was waiting around at the hospital until 8 am, for the dentist to open to see if they could squeeze him in this morning before he headed home. Come to find out, the dentist has been on vacation and their office wasn't opening until 9 am. So, I called at 9:05 am and told them of the emergency of the broken tooth and they said he could come at 2:45 pm this afternoon. So, off to bed John went and I am to wake him up at 1:45 so he can get showered and so forth. I need to go to the post office but didn't make it this morning so will shoot for this afternoon, after Allie gets up from her nap. She seems better today, Asher is better, John is better. I, on the other hand, apparently just can not eat any longer as every time I eat my tummy hurts and then I feel horrid. Doesn't seem to matter what I eat. So, will see how the rest of today goes. I really don't want to cancel our Swim Playdate tomorrow but can't fight with illness. Off to get Allie lunch and then down for her nap. Asher has gone down to take care of the chickens and I am not sure what we will do during naptime. Monday is typically cleaning day, but with John asleep I can't run the vacuum so we may do the other (quiet) stuff if I feel like it.