Wednesday, July 2, 2008

very much improved!

What a difference that steroid shot and the doses of meds made, WOW! Asher's eye was barely swollen this morning, and the redness significantly decreased. And by this afternoon, no swelling at all! YAY! I did not feel well this morning however. I am not sure if I ate something that didn't settle, or what, but I was up until after 2 am with an upset stomach. Bleh. And of course the kids are raring to go by 8 am. Thankfully by about 11 am I was feeling much better. I got the kids lunch and laid Allie down and thought, I am going to mow! It was a mostly sunny, warm day and although a bit windy for my liking, I went for it. I am glad I did. I felt better and better stomach-wise as the day went on, although by 6 pm I was beat. John grilled chicken and I made some rice and some noodles. He wanted rice, I wanted noodles. LOL. A nice low-key dinner that hopefully I will tolerate fine. I was able to get all of the farm mowed while Allie was down, basically from noon to 3 pm. I touched up my tan, LOL. Asher was outside the entire time, playing in the shop, garden, sandbox, you name it. That is one outside boy!!! His responsibility chart is still going very well. One of his jobs this week is "take care of chickens" and he does such a great job. That actually includes turkeys as well. John installed automatic waterers which are AWESOME and I am totally getting spoiled not having to carry 45 pound waterers from the hose into their pens. But come wintertime, it will be back to carrying water. I am trying to not think about that, lol! Asher does a great job collecting eggs, feeding treats, and cleaning out the waterer, and then goes over to the turkeys and cleans their waterer and fills up their feeder (we only give them 4 scoops at a time which lasts a day unlike the chickens we fill up and that lasts 5 days). The turkeys are not as sheltered as the chickens and we were having issues with their feed getting wet, but John has since rigged up more roofing sheets longways to make walls basically over the fencing, so there is a protected corner. But we are still taking it easy with their food, especially when we know rain is coming, so it doesn't get ruined. John was post-call today but still didn't get home until around 4 pm, which is realllly late for a post-call day. He didn't get called in again last night, which is AMAZING! Now we just have to get through tomorrow and tomorrow night's call, and he will have a 3 day weekend with the holiday before starting in on another full call week next week. Alright, outta here - got to do a few account things real quick and then I need to GO TO BED! Tomorrow is Library and possibly McDonald's Playland afterwards.