Monday, August 11, 2008
3rd day...
of kindergarten! That is what Ash said to me this morning as he was getting dressed. Thankfully he is still excited about going although waking up so early is hard on both me and him. John is the early bird around here. It helped this morning with John being back on his work schedule, heading back to work today after a week's vacation. As I was waking Asher up, I told him if he hurried he could see Daddy before he left for work, and that got him out of the bed quick! He has been fighting a stuffy head/sore throat since Saturday. Greeeeat. Welcome to School.
We were actually early leaving to head down for the bus, so we drove around the farm, said good morning to the chickens and turkeys and looked for deer (saw none) and then went on down to wait. John thankfully left the gate open for us. I had a few cards I needed to stick in the mailbox and then we just sat and chatted waiting for the bus. I was asking Asher what happens when he gets to school, etc. The bus came right on schedule and I got out to "help" him on the bus which I don't really think he needs, and the look he gave me as I was waving goodbye made me think that. Maybe the other parents along the pickup route don't get out of their cars? I did at least get a hug from him in the car when we saw the bus coming. Could it be I embarrassed him waving goodbye after he was on the bus and sitting next to the window? OMG! I am truly a parent! LOL!!! Seriously though, just another reminder of how quickly things change.
Allie is still snoozing. I am having my latte and uploading pics from my camera from the Balloon Race (we could see from our house) on Sat morning and then also got a few from the Balloon Glow on Sat night - ugh that was a trial. It said it started at 8:30 pm and went until 10 pm. So I am thinking they are glowing that whole time. Not so, apparently glowing makes them fly. LMAO. So anyway Ash and I are driving right in front of the college where they are looking for a place to pull over and park and we hear the announcer say, "OK pilots, get ready!" and do the countdown. This was about 9:30. I slow way down and we watch through the car windows (obviously I can't get a pic) and see all of the balloons light up at once. It was breathtaking! Of course they only stayed lit for about 10 seconds. I went ahead and found us a place to park and we walked along the road to see them some more, but they never all lit up again. Bummer! I did manage to get a few decent shots of some of them slightly glowing. Here is one:
And here is one from that morning that we took of the Race, this was taken from our back deck - ugh I hate how you can see all the lint on my camera when it is against the blue sky.
Well I am going to have to be making some phone calls this morning. My back is pretty much knocking me out of commission. It is getting worse each day. It is the disc pain that I have struggled with since 2001 as some of you know. The sciatic pain down my left leg makes it even more unbearable. I have to call my insurance company and then I guess a family doctor for muscle relaxers or something and probably another MRI. I also want to go to the chiropractor.
Tomorrow afternoon Larry & Judy are scheduled to arrive. It will be great to see them and show them what we have done on the farm since they were here last November. John was a good husband yesterday and vacuumed the entire house, top to bottom, for me. I told him either I would hire someone or he had to help me, because I haven't been able to vacuum in over 2 weeks and the floors were GROSS!!! He also cleaned out the entire garage with the power washer and then took my kitchen rugs outside and power washed them. They are still drying and hopefully will be dry by tomorrow! The floor looks so bare without them.
Yesterday during Allie's naptime I played Star Wars on the Wii with Asher, we only played one level that we had already beaten and it took like 10 minutes. He was bummed but it was such a pretty day John wanted him OUTSIDE not in. So out he went. I then headed downstairs and cleaned up my craft room as the guest bed is in there. No sewing until after Larry & Judy are here and gone, as I use the bed as my cutting area (with a cutting mat covering it) and the ironing board is put away plus John vacuumed so I don't want to get little fuzzies and thread strings everywhere. So, I sat down and made 3 cards and also 2 layouts. Yay! I am concentrating on scrapbooking September of 2006 which is challenging. During that month we took our vacation to Virginia Beach and I have a ton of pics that I have to weed through. We also visited Great-Grammy in Illinois. So I have my work cut out for me.
I haven't mentioned much about my Word of the Month, DISCOVER. I definitely have discovered how brave Asher is. From the rides at the amusement park to starting Kindergarten, even if he is scared he just plows right on ahead and I am so proud of him for that. I am also discovering how dramatic Allie can be. I am sure part of it is the age and part of it personality. But wow she lets you know if she is unhappy or hurt or whatever. Thankfully we haven't had any more breath holding spells since that last horrible one with the popped blood vessel, which thank you Lord resolved within a day! Yay!
And I already knew this about John, but part of my word is about opening my eyes to the discoveries right in front of me that I may already knew - he is so patient with me and concerned for me. He knows how badly I have been hurting, and by helping me clean yesterday and then planting all the new lavender plants while I supervised and then mowing because he didn't want me on the mower bouncing around with my back. I am so glad I have him!
Alright, off to make my calls and maybe try to shower before little girl is up for the day!