Saturday, August 9, 2008

Back ONLINE!!!

Ugh, our internet has been down since Tuesday!! ARGH!! It is SO FRUSTRATING. I haven't gotten to do account stuff all week and am so far behind, not to mention the ton of email to sort through, and I haven't gotten to blog all week and it has been a memorable one! OK, let's start at the top. Monday - We decided sort of last minute to go to Kings Island which is a theme park/water park North of Cincinnati, about 2 hours from here. We had a great time, we mainly did it for Asher as something big and FUN to do at the end of summer. Allie was miserable most of the time, poor kid. She was too little to ride things and we had to take turns sitting with her while the other person waited in the lines to ride the rides with Asher. It was in the 90s and after only a handful of kiddie rides, we were ready to hit the water park area. That cooled us off in a hurry! Asher could ride all the kid rides but was an inch too short for many of the water rides. It was a full, fun day and even though it was challenging with the young kids I am very glad we did it. Tuesday - Hung out around the house in the morning, then I got out by myself for several hours. I left the house at noon and ran a few errands then went to my friend Melanie's house, she had just gotten her boys down for their nap and she and I crafted for 2 glorious hours. She has a table at the Balloon Festival this weekend and i wanted to give her a hand where I could. After I left her house at 3:30 I went to my haircut appointment and got my hair trimmed, then I headed home. Wednesday - My 31st Birthday! Whoopee. LOL. It was a bit depressing with the timing of things. John kept asking what did I want to do, did I want to go craft, etc. but really I didn't have motivation to do anything and just lazed around. It was mental really as it was the last day of Summer Vacation for Asher and I knew Thursday morning would come early and be hard emotionally. Plus, John was taking Penny pup to Virginia bright and early Thursday morning to trade her out for Jill for the bird training, and I already miss her like crazy even though it's great to have Jill home. We did cull 5 roosters that afternoon and also 1 turkey which we had for supper. It was good but a bit tough as we didn't brine it. Allie loved it! Asher wouldn't touch it. He is so picky! Thursday - First day of Kindergarten! OMG!!! Asher said he wanted to ride the bus, that was his final decision (he had been going back and forth all week whether he wanted me to take him the first day or ride the bus). John got up at 3 am and left with Penny to tackle that long drive to Virginia. I got Asher up at 6:30 am and he tells me he doesn't want to take his lunch, was very insistent to eat at school which was really weird as he took his lunch every day last year at St Pat. But whatever, I let him make the decision. I drove him down the hill at 7:10 am to wait for the bus. She arrived a few minutes later and I gave Ash a big hug and told him I loved him and to have a great day. I then put him on the bus, snapped a quick pic, talked with the driver, and then stepped back so they could leave. I waited for Asher to look out of the window and at the last second he did, saw me waving and waved back with the biggest smile on his face. Meanwhile I am watching my little boy, my firstborn, leaving for big kid school, on the bus, with tears streaming down my face. I called John and told him I just put our little man on the bus, and he asked was I okay? And I said yes, I just can't believe it. It's like all of sudden, the last 5 years are a closed chapter, and we are starting in on the next phase of his life. Wasn't he just 5 months old? 2 years? 3 years? I know he has been in preschool but it isn't anything the same, at all. Here are pics... Ash waiting patiently for the bus. The bus is coming! On the bus, blurry pic but only one I got and he looks so excited and happy! The bus leaving. OMG!!! While Ash was at school, I took Allie to Library and then to McD's to play for a bit and so I could visit with a few of my mom friends that met up there. Then I got Allie down for her nap, and played the Wii (Star Wars) to pass the time. I wasn't feeling creative at all. Allie got up about 3:15 and I packed a bag to pass the time in the Jeep as I wanted to be down there waiting at 3:40 but knew the bus usually drops off between 3:45 and 4. It didn't get there until 4:15 due to first day things and whatnot. Allie was so happy to see him! I asked him how he first day went, and he says, "I don't remember most of it, but I liked the playground!" LMAO!!! John got home by 8 pm that night, he made really great time there and back. I was so happy to see Jill, she looks pretty much the same to me, just bigger. I miss Penny. John was given a demonstration of Jill in the field, and the trainer, who also judges field trials, was very complimentary of her and how advanced she is, etc. He said we could put her in field trials this fall and she would win. Wow! Friday - John slept in, I got up at 6 am and got Ash up for another school day. He took his lunch this day, as apparently he "didn't eat nothin'!" and wanted home food again. I knew it! Got him on the bus, no tears this time. Spent the morning vegging around and irritated that we still had no internet. The repair guy was finally coming out that afternoon. Around 1 pm I headed out while John stayed home with Allie (napping) and met my friend Mel at the Balloon Festival to help her get her table set up for the craft part of the festival. We took 3 hours to set up!!! It was FUN though and I am so glad I could help her. I had to leave though to get home so John could do some outside stuff. The internet guy came while I was gone, and John said he replaced the radio thingie on the roof and when John mentioned how SLOW the connection is, something we have complained about to the lady who runs this service, the worker thought that sounded weird and did some fiddling around on the computer and realized our IP address was one number off and we were only downloading at 100 Mbps instead of 400!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! It is so frustrating as I had complained numerous times and even told the lady it was at 100 and she never caught it. Sheesh! So all in all I guess I am glad the internet was out, as this guy was able to get it faster. Wow! Saturday - John and Asher are at the store, actually I just heard the buzzer so they are home and I have to go help put up groceries. Not sure what else we will do this afternoon, I kind of wanted to help Mel again but also know that John has stuff he needs to do outside. Tonight at 8:30 pm is the Balloon Glow at the Festival, where they light up all 26 hot air balloons in the night and it is sooo awesome. I am hoping to take Asher to that. More later!!!