Thursday, August 14, 2008
cute Asher sayings
Keep meaning to post about this for posterity.
A couple of weeks ago, after a long 2 days without seeing John due to him being on call and working late, sleeping at hospital, and then working late again, Asher says to him: "Daddy, you need to tell the workers at the hospital that you can't work that much because you need to spend time with your little boy." It was so precious and of course a little heartbreaking. John does work a lot most of the time, it comes and goes with how much, but Asher (and Allie) sure miss him when it is like that. We try to explain to Asher that Daddy works hard for us, so we can have the things we need and want, and that he loves us very much and misses us too when he isn't here.
And this is a conversation I had with Ash last night:
Me: Ash, do you want me to take you to school in the morning?
A: Why do you want to take me to school?
Me: I don't know, just to try it and see if you like it better.
A: No thanks.
Me: No thanks? You would rather ride the bus?
A: Yeah, I like the bus. My best friend rides the bus.
WHAT?! LMAO. John is like, don't you start that! Riding the bus is just fine! Part of me just still can't believe he rides the bus, I mean, I took him to preschool for 2 years! And I hate he has to be on it so long (about 45 min each time). Maybe he has a crush or something? He says he sits with an "older girl, not a grown up just bigger than me" and that they "talk about different things" so he doesn't need to take his coloring book/pencils anymore.
So many changes!
He also calls our loveseat the "loving couch" which about made me spit out my drink the first time he said it. I was sitting on it by myself and he wanted to sit with me, and we had just come in from outside, this was several weeks ago, and it was HOT and I was like, please sit on the other couch because I am hot! And he says, "But Mommy, I want to sit next to you on the loving couch because I love you so much."
AWWWWW!!!!! I decided to just be hot. LOL
That's all I can think of right now! Had to get those down!!!