Ooooh, I am so so so excited about this sewing project. Background: Our farm neighbor, Ronnie, has a daughter who is in her early 40s and is fighting breast cancer for the 2nd time. It has also spread but they don't know the extent. She has had surgery and is undergoing chemo, etc. I felt moved to make her a blanket, to either take with her to her treatments, for the car, wherever. I talked it over with John, he said go for it. So I picked out the perfect fabrics with my friend Melanie's help, and got to sewing it yesterday. I LOVE how it turned out!!! It is the most beautiful fabric I have worked with. It is Amy Butler's Lotus Collection, and it is called Olive Lacework. It is backed with Ivory Minky Dot. I took a pic of the blanket on John to give an idea of the size, but it is 57"h x 40"w. Nice size, big but not too big. I also wanted to make a coordinating tote bag to either haul the blanket around in, and she could also fit a wallet, magazines, water bottle, etc in there, too. Or she can use the tote for something else completely. So I made the tote this afternoon, after I got Allie down when Playgroup had dispersed. I happened to have ONE coordinating yard of fabric for the Lotus Collection, the pink/green moon dot, and it looks so fabulous together!!!! I fiddled around with the size and so forth, wanting the blanket to fit in just right but not have the bag too big or too little.
It turned out perfectly and I know God has blessed this project. I was praying for her while I was sewing the blanket yesterday. This has definitely been a labor of love and I am SO HAPPY to be able to use my talents to make someone else's life a little sunnier. We ALL need "everyday pretties"!!! Here are several pics:

