Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Good Morning!

Woke up to pouring rain this morning - yay! We desperately need it. Also what made my morning even better was opening our local paper and seeing a picture of two deer that I had submitted printed in it! Cool! Monday Asher has issues with listening at school, and his card was turned to yellow. Mrs Hughes had written that he was not listening in the hallway or the classroom! And that she talked with him about how important it is to listen with field trips. This Friday is the highly anticipated field trip to the R Farm, for pumpkin picking, hay riding, picnic, etc. John told Asher if he doesn't stay on green Tue, Wed, and Thur he is NOT going on the field trip!! I wrote a note back to Mrs Hughes telling her the stakes. Yesterday he stayed on green thank goodness. He is quite motivated as he wants to go on the field trip and he would be devastated if he has to stay behind. Oh, the drama of Kindergarten! lol Last night was our final game of Flag Football (thank goodness). It went fine and Asher's team won. I think they won 4 or 5 out of 6 games. But of course it's not about the winning and afterward they each got a pretty cool medal. It was late when we got home so I haven't taken a picture of him with it yet. I will for the scrapbook of course. John was on call, but had gotten home a touch after 4 pm and he decided to just ride with us to the game - which is a gamble because if he had gotten called in we would have had to leave to go take him. But this is what we did a couple of weeks ago and he didn't get called in. So, off we go with Allie fussing horribly after NO NAP - I don't know what it is about playgroup, but it seems like every time we have playgroup she is just so excited and can't go to sleep, even when I get her down at her usual time. Very frustrating. She stayed in her crib for 2.5 hours, not crying, but not sleeping. I knew it would be a long evening, and it was! Right after the game was over and John was loading things up in the car, he got called in! It was just for an epidural which usually only takes 20-30 minutes. We decided to drop him off and get dinner at McDonald's and then wait for him. It was a beautiful evening, the kids and I ate in the car and he was done in about 30 minutes so it all worked out. We get back home, kids in bed and John gets called back for the same gal. He ended up just staying the night. This morning I have a Chiropractor appointment at 10 am. I don't want to go, but I will. I know I will feel better. I just don't like the waiting around, especially with Allie, it seems like I can't get out of there in less than 1.5 hours even if it is just an adjustment which only takes 15 minutes to do! Cathy will be there this morning and she helps me with Allie in between her treatments, and we might do lunch afterward. The baby quail chicks are hanging in there, we've had them a week now. We haven't counted how many we lost, but guess to be around 75 or so. They are doing a lot better though in terms of staying warm and so forth. Our new brooder should arrive today, and John is already talking about ordering another batch of babies - the hatchery ships through November. We'll see. Since my internet was part of Monday I didn't get to change up my sidebar for the week like usual, so I did that this morning - added the new picture of the week and quote of the week. And have I done nothing for my accomplishments yet?? Wait, I did organize all of my fabrics yesterday, does that count? :) Allie is awake - going to get on with my gettin' on.