Sunday, October 5, 2008
a little settled down
Hoping for a more calm day today. Yesterday was for the most part. The Directv guy came out on Friday and ended up having to replace the entire receiver, which is what we figured would need to be done. He tried to do a few different things but the receiver kept shutting itself off. So he was done within an hour or so, and we were back in business! Just had to then reset all of our recordings and customize the guide, etc. Before he arrived, I was letting Asher play Star Wars on the Wii, and I came upstairs to check on him. I thought he knew what options to choose by memorization, and didn't think he could alter our saved data. Well, I go upstairs and he says to me that he can't find a certain character that we had unlocked. I look at the screen, and instead of the 50+ characters we had unlocked there are only like 10!!! I immediately went into panic mode, then I thought, no, he probably is just playing on a different saved game instead of the usual one we play, which had like 48% saved data from us beating all of the levels, etc. So we back up the screens and under the saved game it showed only 2.8% saved!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! I called Ginger in the hopes that she would maybe know how to retrieve the data and if she knew what happened. She said there was no way to retrieve it, and what probably happened was he chose new game instead of load game and then it overwrote it. ARGH!!! Asher felt terrible, he said to me, "I'm sorry Mommy, I thought I pushed the right thing but you know I can't read yet." LMAO! I was disappointed and so was he, as it took many, many hours of game play to unlock those levels and it was so much more fun to play with the levels unlocked, you can choose the characters you want to take with you and you don't have to sit through the story mode. Oh, well. I explained to him that it is now like when we first got it and we will work our way through it again. It's just a game, right? RIGHT???
John didn't have to go in to work all day yesterday, which was GREAT. He spent most of the day watering as we have not gotten rain in several days and are not expected to get any more rain until maybe later this coming week. He also babysat the quail. We have lost probably around 50. I think we are getting over the hump though. We have made some changes and have learned a lot already. Of course John is talking about ordering another batch in a week or so since we have lost so many! We did go ahead and ordered a new brooder and it should arrive later this week. We were going to order one anyway come Spring when it would be time to brood some more baby chickens. The brooder we are using is probably 30 years old and the heat just isn't getting above 95 and it needs to be 100, so we have had to supplement with another heat lamp. So it will be nice to get our own. We may end up ordering some grow-off pens but we'll see.
I spent several hours off and on Fri night and Saturday morning/afternoon shopping for clothes online, for both kids and me. I got some killer deals and had some good coupons to boot. We also changed around the playroom a bit.
John got called in about 11 pm last night, after not having to go in all day. He got home about 10 am this morning. He said he was up until 2 am, then back to sleep until 4 am, then up again until 5 am and slept until 9:30 am. All epidural stuff. Hopefully OB will be quiet today.
Going to try to order our September pictures online and also do a little account stuff. Nothing else planned for today since John is on call. We have a busy week coming up!