Thursday, December 18, 2008

Illness Update

Good report! Asher's lungs are clear, thank you Lord! We definitely caught that early last week. John ran into the pediatrician a couple of days ago at the hospital, and he asked how Asher was doing. John said better, and the ped went on to say how when he first listened to his lungs he thought, "Oh crap." So he told Asher to breathe again and thought, "Oh Crap." And told Asher to cough and listened again and thought, "OH CRAP!" John was like, that is not what I want to hear but better to hear it now when Ash is on the mend then at the time when it was already getting scary. It gives me shivers to think of how seriously ill he was and how much worse it could have gotten. That first night was terrifying enough with the delirium. Deep breath! God is GOOD and Ash is OKAY! He does still have some congestion, so the ped wants him on another round of antibiotics. Thankfully he said we can go back to the Zithromax, and will start it on Sunday when the Augmentin is done, and it is only for 5 days. Ash was a real trooper when he got the news about the meds. I think since he has literally seen it help him get better (his nose, too) he understands the correlation between taking the meds to help heal the body. I am so grateful for modern medicine. Today was just as busy as I predicted, but in the midst of it John took his two girls out to lunch again at deSha's. YUM! That was only my second true meal since last Saturday and it was good. I also talked with our sitter today and I think she will be able to watch the children on Sunday afternoon/evening so John and I can get out alone for a bit to honor our 10 year anniversary. I am looking forward to it and hope it works out! As I type this the last of the Christmas letters are printing - can you believe I ran out of ink while printing them this morning?! Asher is beyond excited with school and the Christmastime feeling. Today they had a special Christmas lunch of baked ham and other goodies which he loved (he RARELY eats at school). He also got his Scholastic book order in today which helped entertain us at the doctor's office. And his school pictures arrived. Of course I already stuffed and sealed most envelopes so those will go out after the New Year. Tomorrow his Christmas party starts at 9 am and lasts ALL DAY LONG, well until 1 pm since it is early dismissal. It is The Polar Express theme and the kids will wear their pajamas. Ash wants Allie to wear hers, too. Fun! Don't think I will be though, LOL. This Saturday morning our generator will be tested and should be good to go, other than a minor switching of the ground wires around that will be done after the holidays. It has been an inconvenience but we couldn't have asked for a better electrician and having the comfort and safety of the generator will more than make up for it! Tomorrow night is my pedicure at 5 pm and then my crop at the scrapbook store starting at 6 pm. It is a potluck and I am making my bacon/cheddar cheese ball with crackers. I want to add up how many layouts I have done this year and see how far I am from my goal of 120, and hope to finish that amount tomorrow night! OK, off I go to stuff envelopes, finish up Christmas gifts for tomorrow and then soak in the hot tub for a bit. It's actually above freezing tonight - I haven't been in the hot tub in over a week and I MISS IT!