Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Break!

We are officially on break! Yay! A lot has happened since I last posted on Thursday night. Let's get caught up. Friday morning Allie and I took Asher to school. It was pouring down rain and the drop off area was crazy, so I decided to let Ash out and then come back. So Allie and I drove to the post office to drop off Christmas cards and then made a big circle around our little town and went back to the school about 8:45 am. We stayed until right at 12 pm when the class was heading to Music, otherwise that whole 3 hours was nothing but party-time! We had an elf hunt, played games, watched The Polar Express on the projector, had hot chocolate and cookies, opened presents, and had lunch. Whew! Allie did great. I couldn't believe it! She had so much fun being with the big kids - no meltdowns, listened well, just fit right in. Those kids LOVE her! Here are a few pictures, but I am uploading them all to Snapfish to share. on the elf hunt playing "hot potato" for the book gift exchange Asher with his teacher (Mrs Hughes) When Allie and I got home, I put her down for a nap. I was only going to have about an hour and 20 minutes of downtime (for myself) as Asher was getting home at 1:45 with early dismissal. I loaded the dishwasher and started laundry and she was quiet and I thought she had fallen asleep - then I heard her start crying. I went in, thinking maybe she needed a diaper change, but she was wheezing and coughing terribly. Now, I had noticed that morning she kind of sounded like she had a frog in her throat, but she had just been checked out by Dr Mike the evening before so I wasn't too concerned, I thought maybe the weather. Well, when I heard her breathing and coughing like that, I was on the phone immediately with the ped's office insisting on getting in as soon as possible. After some hemming and hawing they said they could see us at 2 pm, since that was the soonest I could get there. So I got her changed and in the car and down to meet the bus at 1:45 and then as soon as Ash got in the car we headed for town. Allie wasn't in distress, she had gotten over that episode once she calmed down from crying, but I was on the verge of panic with what we had just gone through with Asher! Dr Mike listened to her and said she had croup, which is what I was suspecting, just hoping it wasn't pneumonia. She had no fever. He said there are two kinds of croup (which is an inflammation of the upper airway), viral - from the community, and bacterial - what caused Asher's pneumonia. It would take days to get results back from a culture, so he went ahead and covered the bacterial side of it even though we aren't sure that is what it is. So she is on a 5 day course of Zithromax as well as steroids. It could have been much worse, we caught it early! We had to go to Kroger to get prescriptions, then made it home by 4:10 pm. John beat us home by about 30 minutes. I had to be leaving to go back to town by 4:40 for my pedicure. What a whirlwind! I made it on time, had a blissful, pampering pedicure for an hour and then went on to the scrapbook store at 6 pm for my crop. I was exhausted, haven't been sleeping well and still recovering from the illness, but I really wanted to go. I am glad I did, I got 6 layouts done and that brings my yearly total up to......drum roll.....127! Woohoo! I had counted up my layouts Thursday night after blogging and was at 120, but actually I was at 121 as I found the "missing" #15 layout from the last crop - I had already put it in an album and it didn't get it's pic taken! I do hope to scrapbook some in Hot Springs with my mom, but who knows how that will go, so I am really excited to have met and exceeded my yearly goal of 120! This was the first year I have set a goal for myself for scrapbook layouts and it feels really good to accomplish it! This morning the electrician came over about 10 and ran a few tests, and then made the big changeover with the generator - it worked beautifully and we are officially up and running with it should our power be knocked out! That is so awesome! John and I are really stoked about it! Now the playroom is a complete mess and he does have to come back after the new year to fix those grounding wires, then John will have to put up drywall, so it's not over yet but the comfort of knowing it's functional is peace of mind. Here's a pic of the wall where the generator's breaker box is installed, the generator's box is on the right. I'll be posting my december layouts later on Snapfish! Gotta run, Allie is fussing.