Thursday, December 11, 2008

poor Asher!

I feel so terrible for him! He woke up sick this morning, and today was his special Pizza Hut dinner with his teachers. John has been fighting the fever/stuffy head for a couple of days, and Asher has had a bit of a cold but nothing too major. Well this morning I woke him up, and left to pack his lunch before he got out of bed. I was in the kitchen and heard this terrible cough, and thought it was him throwing up, and went running back to his room. He was laying on the floor, with his head propped on his bear like a pillow, and he was BAWLING. As soon as he saw me, he said, "Now I can't go to Pizza Hut!!!" I think he has the croup. His cough is barky like that. He is going to see the pediatrician at 1:20 pm. I took his temp with my new temporal artery thermometer (wayyyy cool) and it was 102, and that was about 30 minutes after I had given him Tylenol! Thankfully John is home today, and he didn't get called in at all last night so his body got to rest. I feel a touch run down and have a headache but I am praying I don't get this full blown, Allie either! Of course she and Asher play in such close contact, and he is in her face being silly and so forth so I won't be surprised if she does catch it. John told me that one of the peds told him yesterday at work that croup was going around. I have to get out today to ship some things, and do some egg deliveries. Not sure if I will try to do that at the same time I have Asher or get out this morning with John here to watch the kids. I feel so bad for Ash! He has been looking forward to Pizza Hut for 2 weeks, asking nearly every day if that was the day. I remember the feeling of being sick on a special day, it seemed to happen to me a lot as a kid! I remember being sick on holidays, and one year being sick on the night of a cheerleading routine I had been working on for months, we only did two for the semester and that was the first one. I was devastated. I reassured Ash that I am sure his teacher will let....oh wait I just got an email back from his teacher. It says, I knew he had to be sick since he wasn’t here yet. I am so bummed. I was looking forward to dinner this evening! Tell Asher that he will be the first on my list for next month! Tell him to get well and stay home as long as needed because we don’t want him sick for Christmas! Thanks for keeping me informed! She is such an awesome teacher. I have a feeling he will be staying home tomorrow (which is what I told her in the email I sent) but we will play it by ear. I am not worried with the absences as we will have a doctor's note. Playgroup on Tuesday went well, it was a very small gathering with several people either sick or their kids were sick, but I am glad we still all got together. The kids enjoyed making the holiday cards. We had moved the favorite toys upstairs since our playroom is out of commission with the electrician working on the generator install. The breaker box is in the playroom, therefore the new breaker box for the generator has to be right next to it. He has already cut a huge hole in the drywall and mounted the new box, and I have had to cover the big things I couldn't move out of the playroom. It is a construction zone! He was supposed to come back yesterday but with the rain, we were afraid he would rut out our backyard driving to the walk-out basement area, or get his truck stuck, or both! Not to mention tracking in a huge mess of mud going in and out of the house. So he should come out tomorrow. Next week then he will have to shut off the electricity for up to 4 hours, not sure what day yet that will be on. Alright, better get off of here. Ash is saying he is hungry!