Wednesday, December 17, 2008
We are alive. Barely.
What a time we have had. I do not want to rehash it all out and I am sure you don't want to read it, but basically we have all had (except Ash) the horrible stomach virus that is going around that makes you want to curl up and die. I actually asked John to shoot me and put me out of my misery. LOL. I don't do that kind of sick well at all. Well that sounded like an oxymoron huh?
As of yesterday John still was struggling, and even as of this morning I am still weak and just not normal feeling. We have all barely eaten a thing and have just tried to survive. I kept Ash home Monday from school and then Tuesday was a snow day with 3 inches of snow topped with a glaze of freezing rain. Today I thought it would be a 2 hour delay to let things thaw a bit, but they went ahead and canceled again! So, tomorrow hopefully he will be back at school, and then Friday is a half day and his Christmas party and then he is on break.
Monday the electrician came and worked from 9a-5p and had the power off for 2.5 of those hours. Ash made me a sweet get well card while I was resting during the power outage. Allie was already napping. The electrician is back again this morning working. He thinks today and one more workday and we should be good to go. Not sure if the power will be going off today.
John was able to get to work Tuesday and this morning, he parked a Jeep at the bottom of our steep drive and walked down. Tuesday morning was dicey as everything had just fallen but he made it in safely.
Yesterday when John got home and Allie was napping we bundled up and went out to sled for awhile. I took a few pictures but then put the camera up when we got out the 4-wheeler to go to the barn to do chores. Well John tied a rope to the 4-wheeler and then through the sled's handles and we pulled Asher around and he LOVED IT! I wish we would have gotten a pic of that! Here are a few:
It has been a struggle having my routine be off so much with the electrician and the playroom being all crazy and not able to get in the office to do anything since Allie can't play down here. This is such a busy month and it has been hard to fit everything I need to do into naptime, not to mention us all being sick and the struggle that is in itself. I have tried to just mentally accept where we are and go with it, spend time playing on the floor with the kids, building on the train table, reading books, playing kitchen. I am trying to look on the positive side! I was getting down on myself about not getting things done in a timely manner this month, but after a good pep talk from my best friend yesterday I am not beating myself up anymore. Life happens, and you roll with it!
We are still planning on taking our big trip after Christmas, it may be altered a bit depending on how everyone is feeling, on our end and also on my in-laws and Grandmother. We certainly don't want to get anyone sick or get sick. I am anxious to see my family though so I am hopeful it will all work out.
OK, I hear Allie on the monitor. Here is my quote for this week, a bit late:
Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark. ~Rabindranath Tagore